What Did I Just Do...

"Would you like me to tell you your crimes?" says Tori. "Or would you like to list them yourself?"

Rain sprays against the side of the building and streams down the walls. We stand in the interrogation room, on the top floor of the Merciless Mart. I freeze and hide behind everyone.

There's lighting. Storms. Disaster.
All in my body.

Eric scans the crowd for a few seconds, and he gazes at Tris. "I'd like her to list them. Since she's the one who stabbed me, clearly she is familiar with them."

It hurts to breathe so I decide not too. I swallow a painful gasp of air and hold my breath.

"Leave her out of this," says Tobias.

"Why? Because you're doing her?" Eric smirks. "Oh wait, I forgot. Stiffs don't do that sort of thing. They just tie each other's shoes and cut each other's hair."

I stare at him as the people in front of me shift with hatred. Eric keeps looking around for something. Or someone. He fidgets a bit, although no one can really notice it. His arrogant act is on.

"I want her to list them," repeats Eric.

Tris quickly replies:

"You conspired with Erudite. You are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Abnegation." Tris spits out. "You betrayed Dauntless. You are a ridiculous plaything of Jeanine."

His egoistic smile fades.

"Do I deserve to die?" he says.

Tobias opens his mouth to interrupt. But Tris responds before he can.

"Yes."

"Fair enough." His dark eyes are dark, like pits, like starless, black nights. "But do you have the right to decide that, Beatrice Prior? Like you decided the fate of that other boy-what was his name? Will?"

"You have committed every crime that warrants execution among the Dauntless," says Tobias. "We have the right to execute you, under the laws of Dauntless. You will be executed tomorrow, at a time we will not inform you of."

Eric's hands slightly fidget again.
I don't know what to think. I'm speechless, I let out that long breath now gasping for air.

I turn around, quiet like a mouse, and hide behind the boards at the back of the room as everyone quietly leaves.
Eric waits till everyone's gone then desperately tries to remove the lock and chains. He gives up after a while, tired.

I examine him. Theres beads of sweat on his forehead, and he looks exhausted.

I take a deep breath, and walk out.
My feet silently glide across the floor as his head turns my way. He stops, speechless. His face is a mix of emotions. I bite my lip, mot saying anything and stride over to him.

"Riley?" He whispers, barely believing I'm here. He looks over in shock and disbelief. "Riley.."

I do nothing except keep walking towards him. I reach him, get down to his level.

And I don't know what happened next.
I forcefully kiss him, as he stays frozen on the spot. I move my lips in tune to his, I don't know what I'm doing. I shouldn't. I should hate him, but I can't help it. It overcomes me, my love for him. I stay rooted on his lips and gently move my arms behind him and unlock the lock.

"Go." I whisper, breaking from the kiss.
"Riley.." Eric starts, his eyes wide.
"Go." I say, a little more forceful this time. "Go before I change my mind."
Eric takes off the lock and stands up.
"Come with me." He says, taking my hand, fast.

I shake my head, my eyes full of pain.
"I-I can't." I reply, liquid running down my cheeks, and across my lips.

Eric squeezes my hand. "Four'll have to kill you. For doing this. Spare him the hurt of doing that. He's a leader now. The members will expect him to punish you, and we know he won't do that. Please. Come with me. Riley, I love you." Eric burrows his eyebrows and gently takes my hair.

I think of Tobias. He's right. I shouldn't have done this but what option have I now? I nod at Eric, my lips pressed together.
I won't talk to him. I won't.

Eric breaks open the window and leaps out, leaving me standing up there.
I look down at him. He's opening up his arms and signaling me to jump.
It's a tall height, and I'll get hurt. I shake my head, frightened as he keeps signaling.

"I'll catch you!" He yells.
I sigh, annoyed and climb on to the ledge. This reminds me of the first time I saw Eric.

I jump, and land into his muscular arms. Oh, I miss this. It feels good to be back with him. He's so comfortable.
Eric looks down at me, and smirks his usual smirk.

I swallow a chuckle, careful not to show any emotion as he frowns and gently lets me down.
"Let's go."