Eric- What the Hell?

We all entered the new room, seriously excited that we were now officially Dauntless. We were all cheering until we got in the room. Our smiles faltered once we took in the sight. Everyone was in a line, getting injected with something. I looked over to Eric who was walking away from Tris and went up to him.
"Eric, what's happening?" I asked, as he turned to me quickly.
"Follow me." Eric started going toward the elevator. I followed him, and he pressed the button to his floor.
"Hurry." He hurried into his room and ushered me inside. "Stay here, till I come and get you. Okay?"
"Wait what?" I was super confused. "Eric, what are you-"
Eric stopped me in mid-sentence.
"Stay here." He closed the door on me, and locked it.
I gasped. What the hell, Eric? I tried to open the door multiple times but it wouldn't budge. Annoyed, I kicked the door but ended up hurting my foot instead. "OUCH." I gave up, and sat on his bed.
Wait, the windows. I got up, and looked throughout the windows. Oh my god. All the dauntless members were in a line, marching. They didn't have any emotion at all. I spotted Landon and Arielle in the mix. Landon and Arielle had poker faces, and their lips were a straight line. They didn't even look around anywhere. They were just marching. This was seriously creepy. I tried opening the window but it was slammed shut. Hours went by, and soon there was no one in the streets. Where was Eric? Gosh, I felt like shooting him now. I searched his room, for anything. Anything that could help me but there was nothing. Nothing at all. Frustrated, i started kicking and banging on the door again. I was that annoyed, and my claustrophobia started kicking in.
Soon enough though, I heard some footsteps.
"HELP!" I yelled. "I-I'M TRAPPED. SOMEONE HELP, PLEASE."
The footsteps stopped.
"Riley is that you?"
I had never been so happy in my life. It was Tobias.
"YES! TOBIAS, HELP!" I shouted, desperate.
The door tore open, and in came Tobias with his gun out. "How are you? You okay ? What happened?" Tobias let down his gun and relaxed.
"I-I don't know. Eric told me to stay here, but he hasn't come ever since. I saw some dauntless members walking in a straight line with their guns out and why are they doing that?" I stopped to take a deep breath.
Tobias took me by the arm, and led me outside. "The Dauntless leaders and Jeanine brainwashed it's members and tried attacking abnegation. All the dauntless soldiers were injected with a serum that Jeanine made so she could rule the four factions. She and Max and Eric put down most Divergents too." Four said, running with me to the trains.
"Eric?" I was fazed. "My Eric? No. Stop." I shot him my death glare. "Eric wouldn't kill them."
Four stopped in his tracks and turned over to me. "Riley, he tried to shoot me."
I stopped in my tracks. "What?"