The heart wants what it wants

"You were with Eric, weren't you?" Tobias shouted at me. "You thought I wouldn't know?"
His eyes were red with anger now.
"I work in the Control Room!" He yelled. "I saw everything, from him carrying you to how you exited from his room."

So he was spying on me.

"Oh my god. Do you even care about the fact that Peter and Drew tried to kill me? Of course you don't and don't forget that it was Eric, not you who rescued me." I shouted back, tears running down my face.
Tobias was the calm one. He had never shouted at me. Ever.
"HE'S EVIL. CRUEL. HE CAN'T LOVE SOMEONE, RILEY." Tobias yelled back.
"Well, I guess the heart want's what it wants." I whispered, and with that I exited the room, crying.

ERIC's POV.
"Where's Riley?" I asked a group of initiates that Riley usually hanged around.
"We don't know. Four took her somewhere." Kai replied.
"Well... I want to know where." I was starting to get annoyed.
"Four took her somewhere behind there." A blonde boy replied, Logan or Landon or something.
He was pointing toward the halls so I headed that way.
I wanted to make sure that she was safe and sound. After last night, everything felt better. I felt calmer and less frustrated with the new Erudite and Abnegation plans. She made me feel good, and her kiss was terrific.
I love you.
Those words had felt so good to hear. She loved me. I didn't think I would actually feel this way about someone, I was Eric. Eric, who had 12 fears. Eric, who wasn't afraid of anyone. Eric, the youngest leader Dauntless had ever had. But she drove me crazy. I was aching to see her again, and the way she felt asleep on me. It made me relax so much.

"You were with Eric, weren't you?" Someone yelled. "You thought I wouldn't know?"

I stopped suddenly.
It was Four. This must be about Riley. What is he up to now?
I ran up toward the source of the voices and it was in the halls. I was about to walk in, but thought better of it and listened from outside.
"I work in the Control Room!" He yelled. "I saw everything, from him carrying you to how you exited from his room."

So this was about me. He better not tell Riley to stay away from me.

"Oh my god. Do you even care about the fact that Peter and Drew tried to kill me? Of course you don't and don't forget that it was Eric, not you who rescued me." Riley shouted back. I hoped she was okay.

Four will pay for hurting her like this.

"HE'S EVIL. CRUEL. HE CAN'T LOVE SOMEONE, RILEY." Tobias yelled back.
It was true, but Riley changed me.
"Well, I guess the heart want's what it wants." My love whispered, and ran outside the room, tears rushing down her beautiful face.
I was tempted to follow her, but I needed to think this through.

She really seemed to love me.
But what was I going to do about the new plans? Jeanine's plans?
I couldn't let her go through mind control. No, I would request it to Jeanine that she wouldn't be put under it.
Why did I have to fall in love?