3

*mature content*

At 8 oclock, James stood up from his seat on the couch, reacting to the knock on the door he'd heard. As expected his four friends stood on the other side, one with a bottle of fire whiskey in each hand. The four followed James into the room and sat themselves down, Remus and Sirius on one of the loveseats, Peter sat opposite them on the other, Marlene and James sat either side of El who was already sat in the middle of the sofa that was slightly to small to fit all three of them comfortably.

Upon seeing their arrival however, El quickly stood and hurried to her room, reappearing moments later with a bottle of fire whiskey. "Great minds think alike, Burke" Sirius gestured to the two bottles he'd brought that were already sat on the coffee table.

"Don't flatter yourself, snuffles" El's comment caused Sirius to look at Remus for support, the sandy haired boy held back a laugh and patted Sirius' knee.

"So... Spin the bottle?" James asked, sending a wink to Eleanor.

"Were not twelve" El's blunt response caused Remus to laugh again.

"Truth or dare?" Marlene piped up with a marginally less shitty idea than James'.

"Bit cliché, but sure, why not?" El's unimpressed mood lifting slightly and she returned to her seat on the sofa, sandwiching herself in the small space between James and Marlene.

"Alright ill start." Sirius clapped his hands together and narrowed his eyes, looking around the room at who to ask. "McKinnon!" Marlene turned to face Sirius, narrowing her eyes in the same way Sirius did, "truth or dare?" He took a swig from his bottle after saying this but kept eye contact with Marlene, in an attempt to intimidate her.

"Truth"

Sirius pondered for a while, "come on, snuffles, lets not wait for the grass to grow." He turned to the dark haired girl who had just spoken, waving his hand before muttering a quiet, "I'm thinking, I'm thinking."

"Alright McKinnon, fuck marry kill, out of the people in this room?"

Marlene laughed, "oh thats easy, id fuck El"

"again" El whispered so only the two people next to her heard, causing them to both snicker.

"Kill you, Sirius." At this, Sirius dramatically clutched a hand to his heart. "you wound me, McKinnon" causing the blonde girl to roll her eyes.

"and marry..." she paused, looking at the three remaining options, "Remus"

"What about me? Am i not marriage material?" causing El to scoff and take another sip. "that wasn't meant to be funny, Letter" James huffed, grabbing the bottle out of her hand and taking a large swig himself.

"i mean... your pretty, Potter, but sometimes when you speak i want to..." Marlene trailed off, not knowing how to finish the sentence.

"Slam my head in a door." El finished for her casually, snatching the bottle back from James, who was now sulking.

***

As the evening progressed and El began to get more drunk, magically James' comments became less annoying. Although that may have been because it got harder to tell what he was saying as he slurred his words.

"Burke!" James exclaimed, turning to look at the girl next to him, poking a finger in her face while saying, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare" El said without noticing the mischievous smile on James' face.

"Bad idea" Peter muttered into the top of his bottle as he went to take a sip, emptying the bottle and dropping it next to him.

James rubbed his hands together, "Kiss the most attractive person in this room." El stood up from her seat and walked around the table, tapping her finger on her chin, pretending to think deeply. If you asked her honestly, El would probably say James, however she didnt want to give him the satisfaction. She locked eyes with Marlene, raising her eyebrow in question, the blonde quickly caught on to what was about to happen, and shrugged in agreement, knowing the reaction from the boys would be priceless.