9

After the remaining Marauders and Marlene had been informed about the party that evening, the four had joined the two heads in their dorm, the boys to sit and start drinking, Marlene to assist El with her hair and makeup as the task had been made alot more difficult due to the fact that El had been drinking since 10 o'clock that morning.

Miraculously, Eleanor had managed to make her eyeliner semi symmetrical, and was now curling her hair with a spell and examining her outfit in the mirror. She'd opted for a skirt which fell on her mid thigh, a leather jacket which was several sizes too big, a patterned halter neck top, and some chunky black boots.

Once Marlene had brushed out her own curls, the girls walked out into the common room to see the boys slumped lazily over the sofas, each with a glass of fire whiskey.

James' eyes flickered over Eleanors body, lingering on her exposed thighs for slightly too long, but deciding not to comment on her appearance. He smirked, however, when noticing her almost unnoticeable limp from their activities that morning.

El picked up the two bottles of fire whiskey and thrust one into Marlene's hand, "Come on, you need to catch up." El slurred her words slightly, but was weirdly sober considering how much she'd drunk that day. Practice makes perfect in her words.

The group began to walk down to the dungeons, making sure to not run into any teachers on their way. El pushed her way between Sirius and Remus, who were half way through a conversation, and linked arms with the pair of them, acting unusually jolly.

They made it to the dungeons without any problems and were greeted by Theodore Nott who beckoned them all inside. Their ears were suddenly bombarded with the loud music and chattering of students. El walked further into the room, her and Marlene were evidently more at home in their house common room than the Marauders, but the boys ignored the judgmental looks they were receiving and were already enjoying themselves.

Pushing through the crowd of people, El had magically found her way to the drinks table since Sirius had stolen the bottle of fire whiskey she had previously been carrying. Blatantly ignoring the shot glasses, El grabbed a pint cup and poured herself a very generous glass of fire whiskey.

"Burke, you're late." Evan called as he walked over to her.

El rolled her eyes, "fashionably late," she corrected.

Evan laughed and shook his head, looking intently at the grey eyed girl infront of him, "Well im glad you came, little disappointed that Potter's not in his red dress though," he joked, making her laugh slightly and her eyes rake over the room in search for the bespectacled boy at his mention. When she found him her smile suddenly felt forced, he was in the corner talking to a ginger girl, whos face she couldnt see.

"Lily Evans" Evan stated, naming the girl after following El's gaze, "Shes the one Potter used to trail after."

El made a small humming noise and examined the girl, "Shes pretty."

"Yeh, i prefer brunettes myself, but..." He shrugged as an ending to his sentence, his eyes continued to scan the room and Eleanor's raked over his body, taking in his appearance that she'd never taken much notice of before. He had dark blonde hair, blue eyes and a sculpted face, in all honesty he was a very good looking boy. Being a beater had done wonders for his arms, which were currently exposed as he was only wearing a tshirt.

Shaking herself from her train of thought, she put her cup down momentarily, to take her jacket off. She picked her her cup again and grabbed Evans wrist in her other hand, dragging them both into the mass of people that were dancing. As the pair progressively got more drunk, their dancing got worse, but closer together.