22

El emerged from her room the next morning, already dressed and walked straight past James without acknowledging him as he stood by the counter drinking his tea. This had been a common occurrence over the past few weeks, but after the events of the night before, James was shocked at the action.

"Not much of a big talker today, huh?" he muttered, holding his mug close to his face and looking up at her through his eyebrows.

"Have i ever been?"

This was true. She had a tendency to be incredibly blunt, giving the shortest, and often rudest response to people- especially James.

"Ah, always a ray of sunshine, aren't you, Burke?" he chuckled, amused at his own sarcasm.

She gave him a middle finger as a response and left the room. She'd decided she needed to speak to Evan, with the intention of finding out what James had said to him.

Much to her luck, she found him halfway down one of the corridors on her way to the great hall.

"Rosier, y'alright?"

Evan raised his head at the sound of her voice, "Yeh, are you doing anything right now?" he asked, to which she shook her head, allowing him to pull her into a broom cupboard.

With a tight grip on her waist, Evan joined their lips together in a kiss much too passionate for so early in the morning. He'd never been this forward with her before, usually he'd wait for El to give him signs, never really initiating any sexual activity. However his hands continued to roam her body in a rush, pulling down her tights and skirt.

He bent down and kissed her lower thigh, trailing kisses up her leg and stopping when he reached her hip.

"You do have a birthmark on your hip," his voice was quiet, sounding oddly upset.

El looked at him in confusion, wondering what had caused the sudden change in the boys mood, "What's that got to do with anything?"

"You have a birthmark on your hip, and he knew," he began rambling, more talking to himself than anything. He stood up, El putting her tights and skirt back on and following him out the cupboard.

"Rosier, what are you on about?"

He began to fidget, not being able to stand still whilst conversing, "How did he know you had a birthmark on your hip?"

"Who?" El began to get frustrated now, he was rambling and not making sense, causing her confusion to increase.

"Potter!"

"Wha-"

Evan cut her off again with his rambling, "You've had sex with potter?"

"What? Yes, how do you know that?" she rubbed her brow to try nurse the headache that was developing.

"H-he told me you had a birthmark- on your hip- in the shape of an 'L'. A-and you do," he waved his arms about as he spoke, acting rather irrationally.

"Why are you annoyed?" El leant her back against the wall of the corridor, clearly not understanding Evans erratic behaviour.

"Because you shagged Potter!" El raised her eyebrow at him, as if to say so?. "You shagged Potter," his voice seemed deflated now, he'd calmed down and now looked more upset.

"I don't see what the problem is, i'm not your girlfriend, i can shag who i like. Besides, it hasn't happened since... halloween i think was the last time," she didnt even know why she was telling him this, it wasn't his business.

"You kissed me that night!" Evan began to fidget again, failing in trying to mask his hurt.

"I still don't see a problem. I'm not your girlfriend, Evan," she continued to lean against the wall, now picking at the her nail polish.