49

As expected, the marauders had planned a stupid, yet admittedly well executed, prank for their last day at Hogwarts.

El woke to find the space James had been sleeping was empty, but since he usually woke before her, she didn't think much of it. She shrugged on a jumper and joggers, planning on heading to the great hall for breakfast, only when she walked out the tapestry, she found herself in the dungeons, opposite the Slytherin common room. Assuming it was merely a lack of sleep, El rubbed her eyes and looked around, confused.

She stepped out and walked into the Slytherin common room, but when she entered, the room had red wallpaper and was filled with Gryffindor students.

"What the fuck?" El muttered, looking around at what appeared to be the Gryffindor common room.

"El!" Lily came over, giving her a kind smile, "how did you get in here?"

"This is the Slytherin common room, we're in the dungeons. What the fuck is going on?" El shook her head, baffled at the students casually sitting on the sofas as normal.

"No. You're in Gryffindor tower," Lily said. "Are you alright?" she placed the back of her hand against Eleanor's forehead, only for it to be batted away a mere second later.

"Yes," El snapped. "Look." She grabbed Lily's wrist and pulled her back out into the corridor, but this time they were out in the courtyard. "See! What the fuck?!"

"That actually quite an impressive bit of magic," Lily said, walking back through the door they'd just come out of, now back in the Gryffindor common room. "Didn't realise they were capable of something like this."

"Those fucking idiots," El tutted.

"Impressed?" James came up behind El and rested his forearm on top of her head.

"Far from it," El stepped forward to remove James' arm, causing him to lose balance slightly.

"Allow us to take you ladies on a tour," Sirius said, appearing beside James, along with Remus and Peter, who both looked equally as smug.

"No. I want food, any idea where the fuck the great hall is?" El asked, raising her eyebrows expectantly, "Can't you look on that stalker's map of yours?"

"Nope," Remus chuckled, "someone-" he stared at Peter, "-got it confiscated by Filch."

"I said i was sorry!" the shorter boy held his hands up in surrender.

"It's fine, Pete. S'not like it's much use to us when we're not here," James shrugged, wrapping one arm around El's shoulders and the other around Peter's. "Right, lets see if we can find the great hall," he guided the three of them forwards, the others following behind.

***

That was it, their last ever day at Hogwarts. It took the Professors a good few hours to fix the castle, but they managed to do it in time for the final farewell feast and for everyone to collect their belongings from their dorms.

It was a solemn train journey back to London. Saying their goodbyes to Hogsmeade station and the home they had lived in for the last seven years was a far more emotional event than Eleanor had expected, even Remus looked like he wanted to cry.

There was a huge amount of uncertainty about what was coming next. No one knew what they had got in their NEWTs yet, so they couldn't even apply for jobs until late august. They were planning in going camping in July, but beyond that, El had no idea what she was going to do. With a war on the horizon, no house, no clue of what job she wanted, the future was pretty much open ended.