13

Its was now early October and Eleanor had begun to get back into the swing of things at Hogwarts. The expensive nails that her mother paid for had fallen off and her posture had returned to that of a normal teenager. Hogsmeade trips were that weekend, and Eleanor had desperately been avoiding everyone except Marlene because all she'd heard about for the last week were people trying to find dates. As cute as it was, she didnt care that Frank Longbottom was going with some Hufflepuff girl.

As always, El groaned when she heard James enter the common room. She'd admit, he was good in bed but he still was very skilled at infuriating her with minimal effort. James practically skipped into the room, bouncing off the walls.

"Oh god." she sighed as he flopped now next to her, "What have you done?" questioning his good mood as she knew he must've done something stupid to be acting this way.

"I havent done anything," he said, still being annoyingly joyous. "But my Lily-flower agreed to go to Hogsmeade with me on Saturday."

El rolled her eyes at the mention of Hogsmeade, "Thats nice. Thought you'd stopped pining over her anyway," her voice was tense, but James was obliviously humming to himself, so didnt notice.

"Play hard to get and the ladies come running," he said cockily.

She wasnt annoyed, why would she be? She had no leg to stand on. But El had never liked Lily, she was the goody-two-shoes who always had her hand up first in class, and was just very ... Gryffindor. El had assumed that her and Marlene would go to Hogsmeade with the Marauders, same as every other year, but now James was going with Lily, and El assumed Sirius would have picked a date from the pack of girls that had started following him round.

"Are you going with anyone?" he was genuinely curious about her answer to this, he knew she didnt date but still asked the question.

"Um.. yeh actually."

James' eyebrows raised significantly, "I thought you didnt date," El sighed, questioning herself at why she had lied. She didn't have a date, and she didnt want one. But the surprised and mildly annoyed look on James' face was weirdly satisfying.

"Thought it would be a laugh," she shrugged, trying to make her lie sound convincing.

James didnt ask any further questions on the subject, as he now seemed engrossed on trying to balance his wand on his nose.

El got up from her spot on the sofa and left the common room. She now needed to find a date. Wracking her brain, she tried to think of options for people she wouldnt object to spending the whole day with. Not being able to think of a single one.

Rosier. El knew he wanted to go with her, or at least he did the other day. And as much as she didnt want to go on a date with him, Marlene was right, he was hot.

In search for him, El walked down to the Slytherin common room, and luckily for her, he was seated in front of the fire, talking to Theo Nott. The boys conversation ceased as they noticed her approaching.

"Um hey, Rosier can i talk to you quickly?" Nott looked back to Evan as a way of asking if he should leave.

Clearly confused, Evan looked between the other two and nodded, "Yeh, yeh sure." Theo got up to leave but Evan stood up instead, gesturing towards the door for El and him to go on a walk. She smiled gratefully and followed him out.

"Is everything okay?" he asked. seeming concerned for some reason.

"Yeh, im fine. I just wanted to appologise for the other day. It was early in the morning i was in a bad mood. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." They stopped walking and stood in a small alcove in the corridor.