25

Abiding her mothers instruction, Eleanor didn't leave her room until after ten o'clock the next morning, she then stayed in it the remainder of the following days.

On the morning of the 2oth, her slumber was rudely disrupted by her brother coming into her room and opening the curtains. It was a Monday, she'd only been away from Hogwarts for a few days, but she already felt the absence of her friends, more than ever.

Luke eyed the bruises on her face with a rude lack of concern, "Get up, you need to be downstairs soon, the Greengrass' and Parkinson's have left, but the Nott's are still here, so you are to be on your best behaviour. You are to go to Diagon Alley with mother in half an hour."

El groaned and burried her head in her pillow. "Get dressed, wear something she would approve of," he said before closing the door and walking downstairs.

She plodded over to her wardrobe, looking at the lack of colour variety inside. She picked a black skirt and green top, moving to put on her leather jacket before rethinking her decision and leaving it in her trunk. She did her best at a glamouring spell to conceal the bruises, putting on a bit of makeup and leaving her hair as it was.

Her mother was waiting at the bottom of the staircase, in a long, black coat and a stern look on her face. Belvina nodded and walked to the front door, not saying anything, just expecting Eleanor to follow.

They didn't live far from Diagon Alley, but Belvina was far too stuck up to use muggle transportation, so held out her arm with an expectant look.

Diagon Alley was bustling with people as usual, El smiled at the hum of witches and wizards walking between shops with their families. They walked to the turning off to Knocturn Alley, "I have some business to attend to, buy what you need, do whatever - i don't care." Belvina spoke sternly.

El turned to leave but was stopped by her mother suddenly grabbing her arm, "Do not embarrass me. People know who you are. I'll be a few hours." And with that the pair separated, with no further interaction.

El wondered the streets with a content smile on her face, she hadn't been out of the house sinced she'd returned to London, and was happy to be around people other than members of the sacred 28.

"Burke!" El turned round at the sound of her name, "Burke!" Sirius jogged up towards her and wrapped her in a hug.

"What are you two doing here?" she asked as Sirius released her and James enveloped her in his own hug.

"We were bored and mum wanted to get rid of us for a day," James answered, "How come you're here?"

"Needed some books, my mothers in Knocturn Alley doing god knows what," she responded.

Sirius clapped his hands and rubbed them together, "Right so what we doing then?"

The trio wandered down the cobbled streets, catching up on the past few days, stopping to look at things that caught their interest.

Suddenly a shop window behind them smashed, shattered glass flying everywhere. They turned to see what had caused it, part of the shop was on fire, causing people to run, wondering what had happened.

James grabbed El's hand and pulled her away, only for another shop window to explode on the opposite side. He pulled her body into his, shielding it from the glass that flew at them.

Several dark clouds of smoke flew through the air and onto the ground, cloaked figures standing where they landed. They were all wearing masks, so no one could see their faces.

El looked at all of them, trying to see if she recognised their hair, or wands or anything to identify them.

"El, come on!" James pulled her hand, leading her away from one of the cloaked figures. Someone fired a hex at another window, James wrapped himself around El, allowing her to hide her face in his chest again.