37

"Remus lupin if you don't put me down right now i will—"

"Do what? There's not much you can do in the position you're in right now."

That morning, Remus had stormed into El's dorm and thrown her over his shoulder to take her to the great hall when she hadn't turned up for breakfast.

"You haven't had a proper meal in weeks, you need breakfast," he said, clearly unbothered my the girl flailing about in attempt to remove herself from his grip.

"That's not true! I got food from the kitchens yesterday." El exclaimed, hitting her fists against Remus' back.

"Toast doesn't count."

She gave up the struggling—accepting the fact that Remus was easily stronger than her—and allowing him to carry her to the great hall. He placed El back on her feet when they reached the large doors, walking her over to Theo and Marlene at the Slytherin table.

"Make sure they both eat," Remus said to Theo, nodding towards the empty plate in front of Marlene. Theos lips formed a straight line as he nodded back in agreement.

Remus bid El and Marlene goodbye with a simple pat on the shoulder before making his way back to the marauders spot at the Gryffindor table.

Wordlessly, Theo plated sausages and bacon onto both girls plates, before moving to make them both a cup of tea.

El smiled in appreciation for her cousins actions, taking the mug gratefully.

"Are you two planning on telling me what's happened?" Theo asked, pleased to see both the girls actually turning up for a meal.

Marlene and El looked up from their food to join eyes before looking at Theo, shaking their heads in sync.

"Fair enough," he sighed, "Are you both okay?"

"I'm fine," El said, a little too cheerily.

"You're not allowed to leave until you've finished everything on your plate." Theo demanded, crossing his arms and resting them on the table.

Neither El or Marlene said anything, only shared a look and continued to slowly eat in silence.

Theos gaze moved off the girls opposite him to the large double doors, causing El and Marlene to turn and follow his gaze.

Regulus was standing awkwardly by the great hall's entrance, looking straight at the three sat at the Slytherin table with a clenched jaw. His gaze moved to the four Gryffindors who were all staring at him menacingly before turning and walking back the way he came.

El sighed, ignoring the concerned look the marauders were now sending her way.

"I'm gonna go to muggle studies." Marlene muttered, leaving before Theo would notice the remaining food on her plate.

"El," Theo waited a moment, "Belvina's funeral was last Sunday."

El hummed to show acknowledgment of what he'd said. "Did you go?"

"Stupid question. Not my problem the bitch was murdered." he laughed humourlessly.

"How do you know she was murdered?" El asked, looking at Theo with intensity, "I didn't tell you."

"Oh- err... Dumbledore told me. Her being my aunt and all." Theo muttered.

El took that as enough of an answer, not wanting her thoughts to be filled by that woman for a moment longer.

"Who gets to keep Burke house?" she asked, turning her gaze from her food onto Theo.

"Dunno," he shrugged, "Your brother probably, or my father. A lot more people would need to die in order for you to get it."