59

"Ahhh, they're here!" Sirius pulled El and James inside the flat, pulling them both into an overzealous hug. "Merry Christmas, Prongs, you beauty of a man!" Sirius kissed his bestfriend's cheek. "El, you look amazing, Prongs, mate, you're punching well above your weight."

El laughed at James' mildly insulted expression, "He is, isn't he?" she agreed.

"Look who's back," Sirius grinned, stepping aside as Remus came into the hallway.

"MOONY!" James bounded forward and attacked Remus in a hug, nearly knocking him off his feet.

Remus laughed, "even Padfoot wasn't this excited to see me."

"I missed you, mate," James finally released Remus from his grasp so El could hug him.

"Remus," El smiled, hugging him tightly.

"Glad to see you're still alive," he said with a lighthearted punch to the arm

"Only just."

"Come on, you two, you're the last ones here, everyone else is in the other room," Sirius ushered them towards the living room.

Marlene and Dorcas were sat intertwined on one armchair, they stood when they saw El and James, greeting them and hugging them both fondly. Peter stood behind them, next to a petite woman with light brown hair and a taller, blonde woman.

Peter smiled and stepped towards James to hug him, patting him on the back, "Merry Christmas, Prongs, El, you look well."

"Merry Christmas, Wormy," James greeted, "i'm guessing this is your Mrs?" he gestured at the woman to Peter's right.

The brunette stepped forward, smiling, "Marisa Doveux, i've heard a lot about you both," she hugged El shortly, then James.

"All good things, i hope," El sent Peter a glance.

"Mostly," Marisa grinned. "This is my bestfriend," she gestured to the blonde beside her, "Krystal Mavers."

Krystal stood forward and hugged James, "so nice to meet you," she smiled, "James Potter, isn't it?" she parted from the hug but still stood uncomfortably close to him.

"Yeah, Merry Christmas, Krystal," he said politely, taking a subtle step away from her.

"Peter you should've introduced us sooner," Krystal kept her eyes on James as she spoke, her gaze taking in his body.

James laughed uneasily, sensing El's clenched jaw, he pulled her against his side. "This is El," James introduced.

Krystal looked at El briefly, "ok."

El bristled and was about to say something, but was interrupted by a clap of Sirius' hands, "El, James, you want a drink?"

"Elf wine."

"Same for me," James nodded.

"Come and sit down, James, there's room on this sofa for one more," Krystal offered, eyeing James like a piece of meat.

"No don't worry, we're going to sit as far away from you as we can," El answered, sending Krystal a sharp glare, then leading James so they could sit on the sofa on the opposite side of the room. There was plenty of space on the couch, but James pulled El onto his lap without hesitation.

"Are you wearing the lingerie i got you under here?" James whispered in El's ear, settling his hand on her thigh.

El turned back so her mouth was by James' ear, "i'm not wearing any underwear," she whispered.

James gulped, his gaze hardening, eyes boring into hers, and his grip on her tightening. "Fucking tease," he grunted, biting the inside of his cheek.