5

After Sirius and Marlene joined the trio, the five of them made their way to the dungeons for their potions lesson, El flipping off the painting of her old relative, Elizabeth Burke, on the way, as the old witch was yelling profanities about muggleborns in an annoyingly strong Scottish accent. They walked into the classroom, several minutes late, to no ones surprise, however slughorn happily beckoned them in and continued rambling on about various potions.

After fifteen minutes of explaining, slughorn read out his list of potions partners, Remus was paired with Sirius, Marlene was with a Ravenclaw named Dorcas Meadows, and Eleanor was with James after slughorn ignored her attempt at bribery to swap partners.

El sighed dramatically and threw her bags on to her desk, demanding James went and got the ingredients.

They were making draught of living death, which seemed simple enough, however James could tell based off her body language that it was not the best idea to be brewing a potion that could kill him, in the presence of a very mardy Eleanor. James ended up doing most of the work, the pair almost identically copying the actions of Remus and Sirius, as Remus made their potion, and Sirius had his head on the desk, sat in the same position as El.

Forty five minutes later, Slughorn waddled his way over to check their potions, "Mr Potter! Miss Burke! glad to see the head boy and girl getting along so well." Remus laughed, a little too loudly, "theyre getting on very well proffessor," he said, shooting James a wink.

"Well i came over to invite you too to my next slug club dinner, you're welcome to come too of corse, Mr Lupin." he paused looking at the three of them in turn, then glancing at Sirius, "Mr Black, you have dog hair on your shirt." The three laughed at Sirius' appalled expression at the lack of his invitation, as he attempted to brush his own fur off his shirt.

"We'll be there, sir," James answered for the other two, before El could turn down the offer. She waited for Slughorn to be out of ear shot before saying, "Why did you do that? i don't want to be one of Slughorns little pets."

"Well i didnt wanna go alone," James replied, as if the answer was obvious. "i needed a date," James nudged her and winked, not truly asking the question.

Eleanor narrowed her eyes, "I'm not being your date, Potter,"

"Yes you are. It'll be fun," James put his arm around her shoulders as he spoke.

She shrugged his arm off while saying, "I dont know if you've got me confused with one of your little Gryffindors, but i dont date."

James crosses his arms and leant against one of the tables, perching on it slightly, while narrowing his eyes at her, "And whys that?"

El looked at James, as if confused why he'd asked her that question, but rolled her eyes and explained. "Why would i bother? Its a waste of time, why would i spend a few months of my life devoted to someone, only to break up a few months later?"

James sighed, "Because those few months could be fun." El's unimpressed face and raised eyebrow gave away the fact that he wasnt convincing her, "And anyway, whos saying we'd break up?" he said while winking teasingly.

"I can tell you for free that i wouldn't be able to stand you longer than a week. And anyway, I. Don't. Date."

James appeared uneffected by her stubborness as the cheeky smile remained on his face.

"Famous last words." Sirius had muttered to himself, however a little too loudly as the arguing pair turned their attention to him.

Eleanor just scoffed and had a look on her face as if she'd just smelt something foul, "Right." she said, "Whats that supposed to mean?"

Sirius simply shrugged, "Come on El, look at you."

"What do you mean 'look at me'" El questioned.

"Yeh what do you mean, Pads?" James said through gritted teeth, turning to face the boy as he spoke with a slight undertone of aggression that no one knew the reason for.

"I just mean that looking like that," He gestured to El, James' eyes following Sirius' hand as he motioned up and down her body, causing El to cross her hands over her chest. "Theres no way you'll be single by the end of this year." Sirius continued.

"If you wanted to date me, snuffles, you could've just asked" El said, jokingly flicking her hair over her shoulder. "But alright bet," El put her hand out infront of her for Sirius to shake, "Fifteen galleons that i'm still single by the end of the school year."

Sirius didnt even think before leaning over the table and shaking her hand, the two pairs of grey eyes staring at each other, neither wanting to be the one who looked away first, "Deal." El nodded and began to pack her things away into her bag, Sirius leaned over to James and whispered, "Don't let me down, Prongsie." James was slightly confused at his words however didnt voice his question, he simply chuckled and slung his bag over his shoulder.

***

"What about the blonde one?" Sirius asked.

Eleanor, Sirius, Remus and James all had a free period together as Marlene and Peter were in muggle studies, and for the last half hour Sirius had been pointing out random students to El in attempt to get her to take interest in one of them. El was sitting against a tree with her legs on James' lap, who kept tying and untying her shoe laces out if boredom, next to her sat Sirius with a sleeping Remus' head on his thighs.

Eleanor muttered an automatic, "Nope," in response but didnt take her eyes off of the nail she was inspecting.

Sirius huffed in defeat, "why not? He seemed perfectly nice."

"I didn't like his shoes," El replied, now inspecting the piece of hair that she was twisting between her fingers, clearly not having even looked at the boys shoes.

"Pads, your playing a losing game here. Burke is the most stubborn person i know," James said, looking up from El's laces which he'd just retied for the tenth time.

El pointed a James with a smug look on her face, "He's not wrong." Sirius thumped his head against the tree behind him, closing his eyes in frustration. Eleanor laughed smugly at her friends expression.

He flung him arms dramatically, "Ugh, your just so... El." Sirius huffed, not being able to think of a better way to describe her.

She continued to look down at her hair, ignoring Sirius' dramatics, "Thank you."

Sirius mimicked her voice in the way a child would, clearly not being able to come up with a better response. Before El had the chance to say anything else, Marlene and Peter rounded the corner and join the quadruplet under the tree. At the noise of the new arrivals, Remus opened his eyes and yawned slightly, however didn't move his head from Sirius' lap.

"Afternoon, all" Marlene greeted with a smile as the pair sat down between Remus/Sirius and James.

After a while of the group talking, El stood up, "Nature calls, ill be right back," she said and walked off in the direction of the nearest toilets.

Eleanor finished what she needed to do and walked out of the toilets and towards the courtyard again only to feel a hand on her wrist pulling her into an empty classroom.

a/n: who do we think it is???
sorry this chapter has sm dialogue but i had a lot i wanted them to say
hope ur all doing grand and have remembered to eat today xxxx