Chapter 47: New York

Loki's POV

I sat on the bench that was in the room where we had crashed into. My elbows resting on my knees as I stared at the ground in front of me.

I don't feel her. Why isn't she answering? Where is she?

It feels... empty.

The place she once was. In my head. The part where I kept her safe and protected... it's empty.

"Tony Stark." I looked over to the portal where the sorcerer we had met a few days ago stood. "I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. I need you to come with me."

He has me in these handcuffs where my powers are useless. I didn't bother protesting. I don't seem to have the energy.

"Oh, congratulations on the wedding by the way." He added making me look up again.

Hope... please. Don't be dead. You can't be. Please answer me.

I never got to fulfill my promise.

"I'm sorry, you giving out tickets or something?" I heard the man of Iron call out.

"We need your help. It's not overselling it to say that the fate of the universe is at stake." Bruce looked over to me.

I sighed and stood up, walking to the portal with him.

"And who's 'we'?" The father of my beloved asked cautiously.

Bruce and I stepped out from behind the powerful sorcerer. "Hey, Tony." Bruce greeted.

"Bruce." The man looked shocked, as well as Mrs. Stark. "And Loki?"

"Hi Pepper." Bruce walked up to the two while I stayed back.

I looked up to the Stark's. Pepper stared at me for a moment.

I didn't bother watching them greet. I turned away and walked back into the portal.

I tried to contact Hope, time and time again. But no reply. Her connection was gone and I could not feel her anywhere.

I can't lose them. I need to know if they're okay. I need them to be. They should be here. Hope should be answering me back.

I looked over to see the three return through the portal, leaving Pepper at the park.

"And he's unbelievably strong! Like really, really strong! He beat Hulk in a fight, he managed to defeat Thor and..." Bruce trailed off and looked over to me.

Don't you say it... don't you dare.

"Where is Thor? And Hope? She was with you's too?" Stark turned to look at the two of us.

I felt an immense sense of guilt fill me as he stared at me for answers of his daughters whereabouts. Which I could not give.

The two sorcerers in the room looked at us as well, wondering where the two heroes were.

Bruce and I glanced at each other for a moment. I shook my head and looked to the cuffs around my wrists.

I can't right now. I shouldn't be here. I should be with Hope.

"What does that mean? Where are they?" Stark walked up to us with caution.

The fate of the universe lies within the people in this room. The very stone Thanos wants is on one of said people.

They should know... even if it pains me to speak of it.

"His name is Thanos." I started while taking a deep breath. My body still sore from the current events. My face still filled with dirt and blood, but lips still in pain from the peeling.