Chapter 3: Another Night

Trigger Warning: Anxiety, PTSD, Panic Attack

__________________________________

"No!"

I sat up quickly, breathing rapidly and unsteady. A thin layer of sweat coated my body. I gulped down the sob that threatened to leave my lips.

I let out a shaky breath as I tried to calm down.

I soft cry left my mouth as I wrapped my arms around me, trying to remove the memory from my head. I whipped the hot blankets off of me and hugged my legs close to my chest.

"Hope..." I closed my eyes and put my head on my knees, not wanting to look at Bucky.

My shoulders shook as I cried quietly. I felt the bed dip. I moved away from Bucky's stretched out hand. He backed away, knowing I need space.

I felt my body over heating. My skin was glowing blue, my eyes burned even though they were closed.

"I didn't want to do it. I didn't know what I was doing. I was following orders. I didn't want to do it." I cried as I shook my head. "I don't want to remember. I want to forget it."

_

"No witnesses..." His deep voice mumbled in my ear as I stared at the scared family in front of me.

They saw us. They saw them kill him, and they can't get away.

I raised my hand a ball of blue mist appeared.

"Please! Don't do this!" The father plead in despair.

Justin Phillips.

"Daddy!" The little girl cried.

Lexi Phillips.

"I'm scared!" The smaller boys next to him cried.

Andrew Phillips.

"No witnesses." I repeated as I threw the balls of mist. Ignoring the pleas and screams.
_

I flinched as I rewatched the memory.

They made me kill so many. Men. Women. Children. Babies!

They gave me the missions that involved children. There was more than you'd think. We were the bad guys. They were the good people with innocent families.

I can't forget them, any of them. Every scream, every name, every mission, every kill. The sick praises I got for them. The ones they gave the man who made me into a machine.

I didn't realize Bucky's arms were wrapped around me. My arms are wrapped around him tightly, squeezing him as if he was about to disappear.

"They can't get to you anymore. We're safe now." Bucky whispered into my ear.

"I-It hurts..." I sobbed onto his chest.

The unbearable guilt clouding my mind, filling my body almost feels like being beaten till the brink of death... and I know what that feels like...

"I know... I know..." Bucky mumbled softly.

_

I stood in front of a woman.

Claire Richards.

A trail of dead bodies behind me as I stared at me target. She stared at me with utter and complete fear, having just watched me murder her 10 guards. Not counting the piles of bodies outside.
_

"Please, I'm sorry! Just take it! Just take it! Please let us go! I didn't mean to do it!"

Daniel Brushard.