Chapter 57: The Sun Disappeared

Third Person POV

Thanos stepped out of the portal, taking in the forest landscape around him.

His eyes immediately found the one he was searching for.

Vision, the humanoid, which had the last infinity stone in his head.

He laid injured, on the ground while holding his side. His eyes stared at the new comer with something he hadn't truly experienced before.

Fear.

Thanos noticed that there were others present as well, ones who would get in his way.

And they already were.

Steve Rogers, the man out of time, stood next to the God of Mischief, Loki Odinson.

His eyes found the other two humans who stood in his path. The witch, Wanda Maximoff and the most troublesome one, Hope Stark all stood in front of Vision about two dozen feet away from where he stood.

He knew there were others as well.

T'Challa, the Black Panther, King of Wakanda.

Sam Wilson, the Falcon, the one that controls the air.

Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow, the one with the a red ledger.

But he was confident with his new found abilities and his strength.

The only person he was worried about, and surprised to see, was the daughter of the Tony Stark.

The woman he thought was dead, was staring at him. But his eyes noticed the expression on the Stark's face.

He noticed the scared eyes, the fearful frown.

He couldn't help but smirk to himself, finding a sense of accomplishment in that expression.

He became strong, strong enough to actually accomplish his ideals.

But he needed one more thing...

The Mind Stone.

"Cap... that's him." Bruce Banner, the one who becomes the Hulk spoke, his voice low as if he was cautious of any sudden movements.

His tone warning everyone in the comms, staring in awe and fear, but they all tried to hide it.

Their last struggle was about to begin.

Steve Rogers, deep down, was skeptical. He knew... but he didn't want to believe it.

He couldn't. He didn't want to.

He was ready to fight until he died if it meant saving others. If it meant saving the world.

But deep down... he had a feeling.

"Eyes up." Captain America ignored Steve's feelings and ordered those around him, getting his new nano-technology shields ready. "Stay sharp."

Thanos began his march towards Vision. Everyone running in to stop the Great Titan from getting any closer.

The first to try was Bruce Banner, lunging at the Titan with a fist winded back.

Thanos lifted his fist, the stones covering the large glove shined brightly, but one shined the most. The Space stone glowed blue as it began to emit it's power.

Thanos made Banner phase through him, causing Banner's thoughts to become distorted and he stumbled on his feet.

Thanos stretched his fist out and made the large armour-covered man phase into the side of the cliff just next to them.