Chapter 21: Footloose

Just a heads up.... I've never watched Footloose.

_________________________________

"Have you guys ever had a crush on someone? Or knew someone had a crush on you?" I asked the two aliens I was talking to.

Drax and Mantis stared at me with confusion. But then realization seemed to click in for them.

"No one has ever had a crush on me... I am to strong to be crushed." Drax lifted his head and puffed out his chest, proud to be so strong.

"I have never had a crush, but Quill has told that is an amazing and tasty beverage on Terra." Mantis smiled innocently as she sat across from me on one of the benches of the ship.

I stared at the two who seemed proud and confident of their answers.

I looked away from them and stared at the wall. These two are so stupid... but they are so fun to hang around with.

"No, I meant has anyone ever— you know what. Never mind." I waved my question off as I remembered who exactly I was talking to.

I don't think they will have the answers I expected....

I just went back to reading my book, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I'm just starting it, and it's interesting so far.

I stood up, still staring at my book as I make my way back to my bunk, wanting to get away from the loud speakers Peter had blasting Escape by Rupert Holmes.

If you like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain
If you love making love at midnight

I love this song! And the many other song Peter has on his Zume. I've tried to give him an iPod, at least, but he wouldn't take it.

I moved out of Peter's way just before we bumped into each other.

"Woah!" Peter exclaimed as his back was against the wall.

"Sorry." I didn't look at him as I continued to the back.

I like to have quiet time to myself. It's nice to be alone sometimes, especially with a book in hand.

~

"Hey." Rocket peeked his hand in the room. I moved my book and looked at him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head. I smiled at the raccoon.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Why are you upside down? And how long have you been upside down?" He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me.

I was laying on my top bunk with my hand hanging off the edge, my book laying on my chest.

"Um..."

"2 hours, Miss Stark." A.N.I.Y.A.H. told the both of us.

"Be careful when you get up. You might be diz—."

"Ahh!" I screamed as I fell off the top bunk after trying to get up.

I groaned in pain as I laid still on the floor.

"Dizzy." He finished with a shake of his head.

"Arg..." I coughed as I laid on my back. I just had the wind knocked out of me. "Damn. I'm pretty sure I just died and came back to life."

"Yondu's here. Quill wants you to meet him." He stood over me with a smirk. "You need help?"

I raised my hand to grab his, but he moved it back so I couldn't reach it, but it was still out.