Chapter 17: Fun

Mantis played with my hair, lifting up some and letting it go slowly. She stared at it with wonder.

She's been doing this for about 5 minutes now.

"Do you know how to style hair?" I asked her. She turned her head to meet my gaze.

"I do not." She shook her head. "Why do you ask?"

"If you want to play with my hair, you might as well make it look pretty before we leave." I made my book disappear from my hands in blue mist.

"I can show you." I grabbed Mantis's hand and dragged her toward Gamora.

"Yay!" Mantis exclaimed with a squeal. I smiled.

Gamora raised an eyebrow as we approached her.

"You get up." I grabbed Gamora's hand and lifted her off the couch. She followed silently, not knowing if she should question me or just go with it.

"I'll fix Gamora's hair and you can watch me." I smiled at the two woman. Mantis nodded and sat down on the couch. I made a very small stool appear in front of her.

I took a seat and looked up at the crossed armed green lady with the most pretty face.

"I don't like people touching me, or my hair." Gamora shook her head, just wanting to have alone time before the boys got back.

"Please."

"No." Gamora moved her hands to her hips, smirking down at me. "I was actually about to go join the boys. They usually get all the things we don't need and only what they want."

"I can just make it appear, so, sit." I patted the ground in front of me with a goofy grin.

Gamora stood her ground, just wanting to sit in her seat. Mantis waited patiently with a smile, staring up at Gamora as well.

"I didn't want to have to do this..." I mumbled. Gamora and Mantis seemed confused at my words.

I put on my puppy eyes, the same ones that make Dad agree with me all the time, and the ones that made Nick say maybe.

She squinted her eyes down at me. If I can make Gamora break, I will consider this face a superpower.

"She looks like a puppy! How do you make you're eyes do that?" Mantis practically awed, making my lips twitch up.

Gamora stared down at me, her gaze ice cold.

I made my lips pout and eyes more softer. I could see the small twitch of her mouth. "Please! It's only for a moment. We've been here without the boys for almost an hour and have barely said anything to each other."

"I want to learn to style hair. My hair is always so plain." Mantis brushed through hers with her fingers sadly.

Gamora's eyes went back and forth between us.

I smiled, still having my puppy eyes in effect.

Gamora smiled with a small huff. "What are you gonna show her?"

I grinned at Mantis triumphantly as Gamora took a seat in front of me.

"How about a simple French braid." I nodded at my tiny plan. "Or a fish tail? Oh! How about both!? Or we could full out and bedazzle you up!?"

I smiled over her shoulder. I could see her instant regret, but choose to ignore it.

"Let's just do the braid." Gamora stated.