Chapter 27: Blessing

Third Person POV

Pepper Potts opened the door to find, to her surprise, Loki Laufeyson standing on the other side.

Pepper stared in shock at the god of mischief. He was the last person she would think of to show up at her home.

"Loki... um, hi." Pepper chuckled nervously as she remembered what happened last time she saw Loki on Earth.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss Potts." Loki held his hand out to the woman.

Pepper slowly reached out to grab his hand. Loki took her hand gentle. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles.

"Oh wow." Pepper giggled awkwardly, not expecting the gentleman like gesture.

Now I see how he got Hope interested. Pepper thought to herself.

"Hope has told me a lot about you. May I come in?" The god asked politely with his hands behind his back.

Pepper nodded hesitantly. "Sure! Come in!"

Pepper moved out of the way as let the god into the house she shared with Tony Stark, her fiancé.

Loki looked around at the expensive house. The white walls high tech overall feel.

This is a lot different from Asgard. Loki thought.

"Where's Hope?" Miss Potts asked softly, really hoping to see her daughter again.

"She did not join me on my travels. I am alone." Loki pursed his lips as he followed the woman farther into their home.

Pepper felt saddened by the news, just wishing to see her daughter again.

The two walked into the living room where there were two black couches stretched across each other. A black single chair in the corner closer to one of the couches. A large flat screen TV on the wall.

There was a coffee table separating the two couches. There was a large window that showed the city of New York where the two had decided they should stay.

"Make yourself comfortable. Would you like something to drink?" Pepper asked Loki politely.

"I am quite alright, thank you." Loki sat down on one of the couches.

Pepper sat across from him, placing her joined hands on her lap.

"Why didn't Hope come? Is she okay?" Pepper questioned, worry and concern filled her features.

Loki smiled softly and nodded his head. "She is doing just fine. She has made quite the name for herself on Asgard. She has done many things to help Asgard."

Pepper smiled proudly.

"But she does not know I am here at the moment."

Pepper became confused. "What? Why? Why are you here? Why doesn't she know?"

Loki gulped at the heavy stare he was getting from the CEO. He suddenly started to feel nervous.

"I came here to ask one serious question, regarding Hope and myself." The god replied briefly.

"And that is...?" Pepper dragged on, wanting to know why Loki would come all this way for one question.

Why am I nervous? I never get nervous! Loki yelled to himself.

"I want to ask Hope for her hand in marriage." Loki revealed to the woman across from him.

Pepper gasped, placing a hand over her mouth in shock.