Chapter 50: Breaking the News

This is what Pietro's suit looks like, but just make the light grey parts much more darker, almost black.
__________________________________

Third Person POV

Rhodey helped Bruce catch up on a few things. Telling him what happened after Sokovia.

The doctor found it shocking how the team could be split apart. The last thing he remembered they had done together was save the planet, like old times.

Now everyone is not talking to each other. Actually, just Tony and Steve. But they are the two main people of this team.

Bruce knew it would be hard at first, but maybe it would be easier when everyone arrives.

Bruce as also told Rhodey about what happened. From him turning back into Banner and arriving in New York.

Rhodey couldn't believe that the two most powerful Avengers couldn't defeat Thanos. He couldn't believe they're gone.

Rhodey could remember the first time he met Hope, when Tony was just using her for publicity all the way to their last moment together. Through everything they did together, she was family.

"And what about him?" Rhodey nodded to Loki who sat a few feet away from the men.

Loki's mind was trying to contact Hope's. He wouldn't let up. He didn't want to believe what Ebony Maw had told him, but he knew Ebony doesn't lie.

Thanos hates liars.

"He's here to help. He's just..." The two stared at the god who stared ahead in deep thought. "He's trying to get in touch with Hope."

"But you said—."

"He's still trying." Bruce sent Rhodey a pointed look. "Hope and Thor are sort of the only two he had left. And Hope had saved him from Thanos. She's the only reason he got away."

Rhodey looked back at the black haired god, not knowing how to feel about him.

"Uh, you got any other clothes I could wear?" Bruce looked down at his ripped and dirty clothes. Rhodey realized his appearance and nodded.

"Just go down the hallway and then left. You'll find the change rooms. We usually leave extra clothes in there." Rhodey sent him a small smile.

Bruce smiled back and turned away. "And Bruce!"

The doctor stopped in his tracks and turned back to Rhodes. "Yeah?"

"It's really great to have you back." He said to him sincerely missing his friend.

"It's good to be back." Bruce pursed an awkward smile and walked away.

"I can literally hear you guys talk." Loki spoke up for the first time since the two had arrived.

Rhodey crossed his arms and sent him an unimpressed look.

"You're lucky Hope loved you, or else you wouldn't be here." Rhodey glared slightly at the depressed god.

Loki nodded his head and looked to the ground, a deep frown taking over his smile. His eyes seemed to have dropped a little. "I know."

Rhodey could see the regret and guilt on Loki's face, and in his body language.

Rhodey rubbed his face and walked out of the room. He limped toward the phone and picked up the like he had on hold.

The Secretary of State appeared on a hologram along with a table filled with others. They seemed to be just wrapping up a meeting.