Chapter 9: Homecoming

I smiled at the nervous boy in front of me.

"You look great, Peter." May helped him fix his tie. Peter looked like he didn't know whether to panic or be giddy with excitement.

"You think so? Maybe my hair is too slick back, or is it okay? I'm sure it's alright. Hope." He looked from the mirror to me. I raised an eyebrow. "Tell the truth, do I look good?"

"The truth?" I smirked while raising my eyebrows questioningly. Peter looked even more nervous while nodding slowly. "You look handsome. I never thought I would see you in a suit."

He let out a sigh of relief.

"What if I step on her feet or something?" Peter asked May who just smiled at him.

"You won't. Luckily, Hope was here to help you practice with your dancing. I don't know what kind of dancing you kids do nowadays." I smirked as I remember May's out-dated dance moves. Reminded me of that vine.

"Hi, I'm Renata Bliss and I'm your freestyle dance teacher." I snorted at the thought of her dancing.

"Hey Hope." My attention went to May who was gesturing to Peter. "Stand beside him, I need pictures."

"Aren't you supposed to get pictures of Liz and Peter instead?" She pushed my to stand beside Peter. He laughed at me as I stumbled.

"Yeah, but she's not here. And I'm happy you guys are talking again. I need pictures of Peter with his big sister." May grinned as she pulled out her phone.

"Big sister." Peter smiled at me. I grinned and threw my arm over his shoulder, his arm going around my waist.

"I'm so proud of you, Peter." I whispered to him.

"Say homecoming!" May exclaimed, holding her camera.

"Homecoming!" We smiled as she took a few photos. I moved my hand to give Peter bunny ears. I heard May take a picture.

I put my arm back down, not before I put something on Peter's neck. Nothing large for him to see, or even feel.

"I wish I could get pictures of you and you're date. Maybe I'll ask her parents." May nodded thinking about it. "Can you, ya know, do you're magic portal thingy?"

"I cannot. I don't know what Liz's house looks like, so I'll just drive him." I grabbed my keys. I waved at May who waved back. "I have to leave right after I drop Peter off. I'll come visit tomorrow."

"That's fine." May nodded with her thumbs up. I walked out of the apartment, letting May run down the rules with Peter.

"Have fun!" I heard May yell after a few minutes. Peter come out the door, smiling like an idiot.

"Ready?" I pushed myself off the wall and put an illusion up of 'Lexi Parker'.

~

I stopped my motorcycle at the address he gave me. Nice house.

"If anything happens, you better call." I spoke through my helmet. I looked back at him as he got off.

"It's just a homecoming dance. It's not like anything will happen there." Peter chuckled with a eye roll.

I don't want to tell him I have a bad feeling, that's why I pinged him.Telling him will just make him anxious.