Chapter 16: Children

^^ Hope's outfit

These next few chapter will just be with the Guardians, and mainly just full chapters. I'll get into the movies in a bit.

(Three months later)
Hope's POV

"I can't believe how much we don't know back on
Earth." I awed at the planet before us.

It was bright and sunny. The buildings looking more shiny and high tech than on Earth.

Just on the outskirts of the larger city, we landed near this huge building. Which I am guessing is the Nova Corps, the intergalactic police task force. They're the ones who sorta brought these guys together.

I grinned at as I stared out the window of the ship.

"She's a 5 year old in a 21 year old body." I heard Rocket mumbled to Peter. I turned around and walked out the ship with the Guardians.

"Life is much better when you see it from a kid's perspective. You already got the height for it." I dodged the lunging raccoon and hid behind Drax.

"Don't make fun of my height!" He growled at me.

I stuck my tongue out at him making him lunge again, only for Drax to catch him before he could get to me.

"Hey, hey! Knock it off you two!" Gamora yelled at us, glaring from me to Rocket.

"Drax, put him down." Peter told him. He did.

Rocket glared at me, his claws out. I smiled thankfully at Drax. "Thanks Drax."

"You're very welcome, Stark." Drax nodded his head and joined Peter and Gamora.

I replaced my innocent smile with a smirk, glancing down at the sneering Raccoon.

"You know, you are just as bad as Quill." Rocket shook his head, daring me to reply.

I do make fun of Rocket, and he does the same to me. We are kinda like Sam and Bucky, but without the almost killing each other. But I'm sure that will change soon because Rocket has quite the temper and I'm just reaching his breaking point.

"As bad as Quill at what, exactly? Choosing friends?" I raised an eyebrow as I glanced up at the others, making sure they weren't looking.

"You're very lucky your Peter's sister." Rocket pointed at me, his eyes squinting at me.

"You're lucky you're cute."

"That's it!" Rocket jumped onto me making me fall to the ground, fighting the raccoon. I yelped in surprise as I held him back slightly, not knowing what to do.

I never thought I would get into a fight with a raccoon! If I punch him, is that animal abuse?!

"You are getting on my last nerves, Stark!" Rocket threw punches at me, but I could tell he wasn't using all of his strength and speed, since I've seen him in action.

I blocked some of his small fists, but they are a lot harder to block when they are so tiny.

I heard a loud laugh come from Drax as he cheered for Rocket.

Wow, Drax... just wow...

"Get off!" I yelled at the stupidly smart raccoon with anger issues. He's like the hulk and Banner.

"Jesus Christ!" Peter exclaimed and grabbed Rocket by his collar and threw him off of me.

He landed on his feet and let out a breath of relief. "Feels good to let that out."

"What the hell are you two doing?! Why were you trying to kill my sister!?" Peter yelled at Rocket, confused and slightly angry.

"I wasn't trying to kill her. If I was, she would be dead already."