Epilogue

Trigger warning: severe panic attack

Hope's POV (Short Chapter)

My body felt numb. I felt like I couldn't move. I was frozen.

He's gone....

Loki... my other half. My one. My soulmate is gone and I could have saved him.

He was right there. He was right in front of me.

Then he wasn't.

I stared down at the ring in my hand. The one Loki put in my hand before he....

It was completely gold with a medium sized diamond on top. It was beautiful.

It wasn't flashy, since he knew I never liked to be flashy.

And it was made from his golden helmet.

He was going to propose with this.

He wanted me to be his wife and... oh my god...

I can't do this.

I felt like my heart was going to rip in half, literally.

I doubled over in pain as I sobbed quietly to myself, not wanting the others to hear me. I kneeled on the floor, resting my head against the floor.

I could have stopped Thanos if I didn't let him in my head. I was blinded by my fear of losing my family.

I should've been able to stop him.

Loki would still be here... he would be here with me.

My body was hurting... so, so bad. I felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly, all over my body.

I should have done more.

This is all my fault.

"I-I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I cried into my hands, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

My body was glowing, trying to heal an injury that it couldn't heal.

Why did he have to go?! Why couldn't it be me!?

He didn't deserve it! They didn't deserve it!

Loki. Please come back.

I need you. I can't live without you.

You're my one.

My body shook as that moment flashed in my head.

"The... sun will shine on us... again..."

The dust creeping up his body as he said those words.

The wound I created on him...

The last time I will ever see those beautiful green eyes. The last time I will ever hear his soothing voice.

The last time.

"Hope...? You in here?" I heard a voice come from the door I thought I locked.

I stayed quiet. They couldn't see me, but they could see the trashed bedroom.

The bed was flipped onto its side and the drawers had fallen over. There was papers from the desk all over the floor.

Burn marks in the walls as well as a cracked window.

I tried to stop glowing, but I couldn't control my body. Not when my mind was going haywire.