8~ Without You

Aera was running out of thoughts. She almost started running. Only one name came to her mind, MARK. She hastily took out her phone and dialed Mark's number. "come on, come on, please pick up the phone Mark." The phone was on it's fifth ring when she heard a voice from the other end, "Hello?" His voice made Aera calm down a bit. "M-Mark, Mark please help, he's c-chasing me. I-I'm scared," Aera managed to say as she was panting and stuttering. "Hey, hey Aera what happened? Who's chasing you? Where are you right now, tell me I'll get there" Mark's voice was filled with worry and concern. He immediately left his room and headed downstairs. "I'm on my way to home from the café, he's almost near me Mark, I'm scared," she replied back. "Don't worry Aera, I'm on my way. Don't stop anywhere and head straight to your place," Mark said as he left his base and started the car's engine.

Aera did what Mark asked her to do. She was about to run when the man caught up to her and held her hand. He covered her mouth and dragged Aera to an alleyway nearby.

Struggling under his grip, Aera tried fighting back. She tried elbowing the man but it was of no avail. "The more you struggle, the more you get hurt babygirl," the man warned Aera and continued, "Boss wants you alive anyway so just keep your mouth shut." Even his words sent chills down Aera's spine. Terrified, she tried staying quiet, "Why do you need me, please let me go," Aera tried stalling him by her words. "If I tell you right now then it won't be fun," he replied back with an evil smirk.

Aera closed her eyes and thought about what she can do. An idea struck her head but she was contemplating whether to put it in action or not. Fuck it, one life baby she thought. She was going to implement the idea.

Aera moved her head to front and then swiftly moved it backwards slamming her head into his. The man's grip on her loosened and she immediately kicked his shin. He collapsed down in pain. As he fell down, Aera kicked his groin and and ran for her dear life leaving the man in sheer agony.

Running as fast as she can, she kept on taking glances at the back. She did not see anyone following her. Still her pace did not slow down. While taking a turn for her block, she bumped into someone and fell down. Looking up she saw the same man. "Tsk tsk tsk, you made a grave mistake by pulling that stunt Min Aera," he said while clicking his tongue. By looking at his face he looked very agitated. Tears started streaming down her eyes. She was petrified. She closed her eyes in terror. All she could think about was her mother and her bestfriends.

Aera could hear footsteps approaching her. Her whole life flashed in front of her eyes. Suddenly a large thud was heard beside her. Slowly she opened her eyes. The man who held her was now lying on the floor, unconscious, blood streaming down his neck. She shifted her eyes from the unconscious man to the one standing in front of her. She recognized him. Without wasting a minute she instantly got up and hugged him.

Mark stiffened at her sudden action but quickly loosened up and embraced her back. Aera was shuddering in fear but Mark's warmth calmed the storm inside her. She started sobbing leaving wet stains on his shirt. Mark patted her head to comfort her, "Hey, it's okay I'm here now," his words came out more softly. "M-Mark I was s-so scared. I-I don't know w-what I would have d-done without y-you. I thought he would k-kill me!" Aera managed to mumble out words while stuttering. "No, no one's going to kill you okay? You have me. I won't let anyone hurt you," Mark said. He himself was surprised at the words he spoke.

Seeing her like that broke Mark's heart. Even thinking about someone touching her inappropriately makes him lose his temper. Looking down at the girl in his arms, he wanted to protect her. He wanted to be the one to calm her down. He was trying to control the urge to kiss her forehead and call her princess. But he cannot afford to let his guard down.

Somewhere he knew how his way of living the life would affect her. Burying the inkling of feeling he was having right now, he shifted his focus back on the girl in his arms.

"Aera get up, let's get you home," Mark said and helped her stand up. The girl just nodded her head in reply.

Mark took her towards his car and helped her get settled in. He ran on the other side and entered. Fastening his seatbelt, he started the engine. The ride was quiet. Turning to his side, he found the girl fast asleep.

In the meanwhile, Mark came to a conclusion to inform Taeyong about the incident. He took out his phone and dialed his number. Taeyong picked the up the phone. He was confused why Mark was calling him.

"Mark, what happened, why are you calling me? You are just a few rooms away from me," Taeyong said. " About that, hyung I'm not in my room. I'm outside," Mark replied. Taeyong was confused, "Outside? Is everything okay?" he asked. "Not actually, you remember the girl, we caught some Black Serpent member at her place?" Taeyong hummed in response. Mark continued, "I got a call from her saying someone was chasing her. She was terrified. I left as soon as I got her phone call." "What? Is she ok now? Where are you now?" Taeyong's voice was laced with concern. "She's fine now. She's sleeping, I'm taking her home. Once she wakes up I'll ask her exactly what happened," Mark said. "Ok, let me know what she says and call me immediately incase of anything,"Taeyong retorted. "Sure hyung, I'll hang up now." Mark said and hung up the call.

He looked at the girl who was sleeping peacefully on the passenger seat. Numerous thoughts ran through his mind. He shook them off and continued driving towards her home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hey y'all, it's the author. Hope you're loving the story by far. Feel free to drop suggestions. Also don't forget to vote. <3