32~ Decision

It was the next morning. Sun was shining bright in the sky.

After Aera's confession last night, Taeyong was a bit perplexed about her joining the gang. He was sitting in his study room, staring at a blank space. Thoughts running through his mind. A knock on the door brought him back to his senses. "Come In," he replied to the knock.

He saw his mother entering the room, "Mom? It's still very early. Did you get enough sleep?" he questioned her with concern. Mrs.Lee chuckled at his reaction, "You're still the very same Yong. I am glad that being a leader did not strip you away from your caring side. Besides I wanted to catchup with my son." she said a made herself comfortable on the couch. Taeyong joined her too.

"But you seem to be stressed. Tell me what's wrong," she said looking in his eyes. Taeyong heaved a sigh, "Aera wants to join the gang. We had a talk last night, she willingly wants to join it. I don't want to lose her mom. She's too precious." he expressed his concern. Mrs.Lee nodded in acknowledgement, "I saw this coming. No doubt watching those action movies did a number on her," she joked earning a chuckle from her son.

"Test her out Yong. She's a Lee in the end. See if she's fit for the survival. In the end the decision is yours as you are the leader. I saw the clip of her fighting in the mall, she gives it all once she's in, not to forget she's ruthless. Her fighting style very much resembles to your father and you." She suggested. Taeyong nodded and gently laid his head down on his mother lap, a feeling he missed for almost a decade.

Mrs.Lee gently raked her hand through his hair, feeling emotional. "I am sorry Yong. I know you must have missed being around us," a tear fell from her eye. Taeyong immediately got up and embraced her, "No mom don't be sorry, I get it and I don't blame you at all. You did it for us. You are the strongest woman I know mom and I am proud of you." he said and gently wiped the rolling tear from his mother's eyes. "I am blessed to have two beautiful and strong children," she said and ruffled his hair.

Taeyong went back to laying on his mother's lap. "I'll give it a thought mom. I will discuss it with members today." he said while closing his eyes. "Ok, don't get stressed and get some sleep." Mrs.Lee said and turned gaze down to see Taeyong already asleep.

You would have been proud of your children if you were here Jaewook, she thought while remembering her husband.

~TIMESKIP~

The members were now gathered in the conference room as Aera was in her room catching up with her mother.

"So I wanted all of yours advice. Aera wanted to join the gang. What do you all think about it." Taeyong quizzed his members. "Those who want Aera in the gang raise your hand." the leader said and saw 23 hands rising in the air. He was a bit taken back by the response. "She bit our big boy Xuxi, defeated Mark in a dual and fought against a rival gang member, she's definitely fit for it." Haechan commented sassily earning glares from Lucas and Mark and getting a smack on the head from Doyoung while the others stifled their laughter.

"But in all seriousness, she aced shooting in a very short time. Her aims are precise and she straight away goes for the vital organs without hesitating. It won't be bad giving her a chance hyung." Winwin voiced his opinion. "I agree with him Taeyong, even while teaching her defense, she had a strong aura of winning over, we also witnessed the dual," Johnny said. "You can test her if you want." Taeil and Kun suggested. The others nodded in agreement.

"She can join us. She's of our age anyway. We can be a team and pair her up with someone who compliments her fighting style," Renjun suggested. The other dream members nodded in agreement. "She's always welcomed in the team," the youngest member chimed in.

"Ok then, I'll test her the way I tested the other members. The result will decide whether she can join or not." Taeyong said as the members agreed with his decision. "Jisung can you go and call her?" Taeyong asked him, he obeyed and went to call her.

"Does this mean she will have to go through the drill? Yangyang asked asked curiously. "Yangyang baby, Taeyong said he's going to test her the way he tested other members so it's obvious she'll go through it." Ten replied to Yangyang. "Yes, no one will reveal the info about the drill to Aera," Taeyong instructed his members earning a nod from them.

Soon Aera entered the room with Jisung. She saw all 22 heads turn towards her. "O-Kayyyy, what's going on?" she questioned chuckling awkwardly. "Well have a seat," Taeyong said. Aera did what she was told to.

"So, we have decided to give you a chance." Taeyong informed her. Aera was beyond happy. "But you will be evaluated in three tests. Strength, agility and aims. For strength you will have a dual, agility will be a test of quickness and cleverness and aims, you know the usual guns and stuff. I'll give you a week to prepare. Is that okay?" he filled her in with the details. Aera nodded, "Deal. I'm up for it," she said agreeing to the conditions.

"All the best then. You all can go now," the leader said and the members started leaving the office one by one.