27~ A Day Out (2)

Aera felt like being watched again. She turned around and saw the same man with black cap following them at a distance. A slight tug was felt on Mark's jacket. he saw her looking around. "What happened? Is there something wrong?" She nodded her head and looked at him smiling. "Smile back at me." she told him. Mark looked at her confused but smiled back as she demanded. 

"Ok so turned around very discreetly, there's a man following us. He is wearing a black cap. His outfit is all black. He's been following us for a while now." He whipped his head around like she instructed him. He saw the man. He wasn't the only one there, he had some company with him. Probably three people.

"There's three of them. Act as if you don't know they are behind us. We'll try to get them off our trail." Mark informed Aera and she just nodded her head. Luckily, a mob of people came out of the movie theatre. Both of them took it as a cover and hid near the still under construction part of the floor. 

Unfortunately, the three men caught up and faced them. "Look what we have here. Mark Lee himself. C'mon Mark just give us her, we got nothing to do with you. So keep it simple. You give us her and go home safely," a man spoke to Mark with a smug across his face. 

Mark gave his signature smirk and hid Aera behind him. He scoffed and said, "Touch her and I won't hesitate to become your grim reaper," venom dripping in his tone. It wasn't the right time to say this but Aera found him very attractive in that moment "Wohoo, hot tamalee!!" she thought. Every gesture of his body was screaming, "hot and dangerous"  She shrugged it off.

"So you want to take it the hard way I see," one of the man said and launched his fist at Mark. He tactically dodged it. Another man went to hold Aera. This is the time to use Jaehyun and Johnny's training, she thought. As he was about to hold her, she quickly held his hand, twisting it behind his back and kicking him hard in the knee. The man fell down on his knees groaning in pain. Aera did not stop there. Clutching on to the man's hair and she forcefully pushed his head hitting on the floor. The man fell unconscious with a pool of blood around him. Aera got so used to blood by living in the mansion that she did not squirm at the sight of it. Mark saw that and he was proud of her but he never knew she can be ruthless too. Like brother like sister, he thought.  

Mark snapped the neck of one of their men, he fell down unconscious too. The remaining one got punched hard by Mark . He immediately grabbed Aera's hand ready to leave. 

They were on another floor when they saw a bunch of people wearing black entering the building. Mark recognized one of them. It's Mingyu, he recognized him. Taking out a cap he placed it on his head and said, "Aera hide your face inside my jacket. More bunch of people have entered. We'll take the stairs and reach the car. Okay?" Aera nodded and did as she was instructed. 

Sneakily they they reached the emergency staircase. They got down quickly and made way to their car. 

They got inside without wasting their time. Starting the car they drove off. Both of them slumped down relieved in their seat. Their peace was soon broken when bullet passed by them breaking of their rear mirror. "Aera DUCK!!" she did as he instructed. Both of them immediately tapped their watch thrice. 

Mark put on his earpiece. "Renjun? Ten Hyung? Anyone there?" He spoke through his in-ear while keeping  the eye on the road and the enemy. "We're here!" he heard their voices. "We are being followed. Its Mingyu and his men who are not seventeen. I need back up." he informed them. 

"The backup 127 is on its way. And they reached the destination. Mark after 300 meters take a left, the road will lead you to an alleyway, 127 will be waiting for you over there. Leave the car and enter the van immediately once you reach." Ten instructed him. 

Mark did as he was told to. They reached the alleyway and saw the van. They got down taking their stuff. Mark held her hand and started running towards the van. Unfortunately, a bullet made its way and grazed Aera's arm. She hissed in pain but kept on running. Mark took out his gun and aimed at the man standing behind them, shooting him dead.

The van's door flung open revealing NCT 127. Both of them entered it panting and they immediately drove off. 

Taeyong stood up and engulfed Aera in a hug. She returned back his gesture. She felt safe. "Are you hurt somewhere?" he asked her in a soft voice. "Yes, here." she pointed out to her arm which was bleeding a bit. "Don't worry, Taeil hyung will take care of it." he said and patted her head. Aera sat near Mark. 

"Hey, you okay?" he asked her, his tone laced with concern. "Yes. Just a bit tired I guess." she  replied.  A few minutes later Mark felt some weight on his shoulder. He saw Aera sleeping soundly. He moved a strand of her hair and thought, get some rest you had an eventful day, as he rested his head on Aera's and drifted off to sleep.

 He moved a strand of her hair and thought, get some rest you had an eventful day, as he rested his head on Aera's and drifted off to sleep