34~The Drill

It was midnight, the day Aera was going to get her result based on the drill.

It was 4 am in the morning. The members were gathered in the conference room to discuss the drill.

"So Ten what's your plan," Taeyong asked the strategist. Ten immediately stood up and started talking, "So for Aera's drill I was thinking about the time around 12 pm. Aera usually wakes up at 6am for the training, trains till 9am, has her breakfast and goes back in her room to do her own shit. We can do perform the drill at 12pm. We can tell her that we're going on an urgent mission. But we will stay hidden. Jeno can act as an intruder, dressed in all black covering his face. Renjun will stay with him and act as an hostage. Renjun you hands and mouth will be tied and Jeno don't hesitate to go all out on her just don't end up killing her. The drill will be on for 10 minutes. While the drill is being performed the remaining lot will stay  in the surveillance room. We will exit in front of her but enter the mansion from the back door. Is that okay?" Ten explained the plan to them step by step. "Great plan Ten, let's follow it." Taeyong said and continued, "Now get some rest, we don't want Aera to get suspicious." "Yes,"the members replied in unison.

Time ran up fast. It was already 10am. The members were cheerful and having their breakfast. They were done by 11am . "Okay, I'll be in my room if y'all need me." Aera said and walked away towards her room.

The members gave each other a knowing glance.

Aera was in her room catching up on the dramas. It was 11:30 am when she heard a knock on her room. She opened the door and saw Yuta on the door.

"Oh hyung what'sup?" she casually asked the older. "Oh Aera, the members are going on an urgent mission. We don't have much time, we are leaving now. Renjun will be in his room so don't disturb him, you know how cranky he gets." Yuta explained.

"Oh okay, just stay safe you guys," she said and joined Yuta to go downstairs.

She saw the members standing in the living room. "Stay safe guys, don't get hurt." Aera said and proceeded to hug them as they started to leave one by one.

She stood in front of Mark and hugged him as he returned the gesture. She could hear his heart beating frantically. Blushing ky she raised her gaze to meet his eyes, "Don't get hurt," she wished him. "Aces don't get hurt Ms.Lee," he replied and winked at her.

Aera turned into a bright shade of pink. "Okay love birds, we don't have much time. You can eat each other's faces later," Ten peeked his head through the door.

They immediately let go each other and he walked out of the door.

Renjun and Aera were walking upstairs. "Do not enter and disturb me while watching over," Renjun warned her. She just hummed and replied, "Okay grandpa," and ran towards her room and continued watching the drama.

It was almost an hour since the members left. Aera was engrossed in drama when she saw the watch put an alert and location of the mansion.

She immediately got up and ran downstairs. She was greeted with the sight of Renjun tied down with a man holding him at a gun point. He was covered in all black, not even his face was visible.

"Woah, ok man let him go, lower down your gun," Aera asked him politely. He just nodded disagreeing.

The man proceeded to keep his gun in his case and pointed out at Aera, giving her an ultimatum to fight.

She raised her brow, "You want to fight me?" she asked. The figure just nodded. "Bitch you won't even utter a word-" Aera didn't get to complete her sentence when the man lunged on her pinning her down.

Aera was quick enough to grasp the situation. Her aura changed into a fierce one. She immediately locked her legs on his torso, pressing as hard as she can and flipped him. She threw a punch at him. He got up and picked her up and slammed her down. Her back hitting the floor aggressively. The man was about to kick her but she rolled away and got on one knee.

She went running towards him. The man was confused but stood his ground about to throw a punch but she swiftly grabbed his hand and climbed on his shoulders, her legs locking his hands.

He was locked and unable to move. She blocked his vision with one hand while the other travelled to his neck searching for a nerve. As soon as she found it she pressed her thumb on it and the man dropped down unconscious.

She ran towards Renjun and untied him. "Are you okay?" she asked him with concern but the guy was too shocked to even reply.

In no time the other members rushed to the living room. Aera stood there confused. "Wait you guys were on a mission right?" No one paid attention to her, the members eyes were stuck to the unconscious man, so she ran towards him and lifted his face cover.

"J-Jeno?" Her eyes instantly brimmed with tears. "O-oh no what did I do?!" She started sobbing. Taeyong motioned Taeil to check on him. "He's just unconscious, might wake up in few hours." he said.

Aera stood there motionless. Taeyong went to her trying to calm her down. "NO, I NEED AN EXPLANATION TO WHATS GOING ON!!" she yelled. The members flinched at her voice.

Taeyong went ahead and explained her everything. "ARE YOU CRAZY?! SO MANY THINGS COULD HAVE GONE WRONG! I COULD HAVE KILLED HIM, THIS IS TOO MUCH HYUNG!!!" she yelled in disbelief and stomped towards her room.

Taeyong tried calling her but she did not respond. "I'll go check on her," Mark said and ran behind her.

Aera was on her bed bawling her eyes out, the guilt of beating her own member was haunting her. She heard a knock on the door. "Aera, you there?" Mark asked from the other side. "Go away Mark" she asked him to leave.

"Aera, please let me it, please?" He said. She hesitated at first but let him in.

Mark entered the room and saw Aera on her bed. Her head resting on her knees as soft sobs left her lip. He made his way towards her and sat beside her.

"Hey, it's okay. Please don't cry," Mark pleaded softly and gently patted her back. "No its not Mark. I could have ended up hurting him or worse k-killing him. So many things could've gone wrong," she stuttered while replying as her sobs grew louder.

Mark gently placed his arms over her and pulled her in his embrace. Gently rubbing her back. Aera returned the gesture and wrapped her arms around his torso, hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

"But he's fine, nothing happened to him. He will wake up in an hour or two. Don't blame yourself princess," he spoke, his voice almost coming out as a whisper. He was gently swaying them side to side.

Aera found this very peaceful. It calmed her. She just nodded back in response and buried herself in the crook of his neck, her hand tightly clutching onto his shirt.

They found their peace in this chaos. Both of them wanting this moment to last forever.

Unknowingly Aera drifted off to sleep. Mark chuckled to himself as he heard soft snores leaving her lips.

He laid her down on the bed and covered her with the duvet. He looked at her tear stained face. His hand involuntarily went towards the lying strand of hair on her face and gently tucked it behind her ear.

"Don't cry, I got you," he mumbled and leaned down to plant a kiss on her forehead. "Sleep well," he mumbled and left the room.