41~ Watching The Stars

Happiness, it doesn't necessarily need to be a thing. Sometimes a person too can be your source of happiness. Not just happiness but security and your home.

That's how Aera felt with Mark. Being in his arms did not just bring her happiness but also a sense of security that no matter what, he was going to be there for her.

Aera was no new to the feeling loneliness. Watching Jihoon and Soa always made her think what exactly it felt like to be cherished by a person who wants to spend time with you, do some crazy stuff together or just lay down doing nothing and enjoying the serenity of silence in each others presence. Mark made her feel all. Right then and there she knew,  her heart belonged to the right person.

The day went by quick. The duo did not reveal their confession to anyone yet. As Jihoon and Soa were practically in danger, they were allowed to stay at the mansion. Being done with the dinner, everyone rushed to their own room. Mark and Aera crossed each other's way. He silently motioned her to check her phone, she just nodded in reply. Averting her gaze from him, she glanced at her phone. A message popped up on her screen, a smile made its way on her face after seeing the name.

Watermelon Monster🍉

Meet  you on the rooftop at 1am :)
Don't forget to wear something warm
It's cold outside.

Me:
Are you suggesting a possible sneakout Mr.Lee?

Maybe...I hope it's fine with you
I totally understand if you're tired :)

Me:
oh no, i'm down for it  ;)
meet you there then, also is it okay if i tell Taeyong hyung about us?

You can tell him princess
He's your brother
Also I don't mind telling others that you're mine ;)

Me:
woahhh... okay sir didn't knew you'd flirt on text but okayyyy

Aera was blushing like a mad woman when she saw his texts. You're mine, the words itself sent tingles through Aera's spine. A sense of warmth washed over her. So this is what it feels like to have someone, she thought. Smiling, she brought herself back into senses.

Walking upstairs, her feet made its way to Taeyong's room. A soft knock was heard by Taeyong who had engrossed himself in reading a book. He opened the door saw the sight of his younger sister who was widely grinning at him. "To what do I owe this visit, your highness," Taeyong teased her.  "Ahh hyung~ stop teasing. But I have to tell you something, can I come inside?" Aera asked. He gestured her to come in.

The siblings settled themselves down on the bed. "Okay, so spill the tea" Taeyong said. Inhaling a deep breath Aera spoke up, "Mark confessed and asked me to be his girlfriend. And I said yes!"

A genuine smile made its way on the elder's face. "Omg kid, that's great! I am so happy for you! I wish you all the happiness. Just don't do something stupid and use protection. I don't want to be an uncle this early," Taeyong completed his sentence and earned a smack from the younger, "Oww, what was that for?" "For all the teasing!" "Okay, sorry," Taeyong squeaked. They both chuckled and talked about some random topics.

Aera checked the time. The clock was almost about to hit 1:00 am.

"I'll take my leave now. Good night hyung!" Aera wished him and headed to the door. "Good night to you too!" he replied. A small smile danced on his face. Seeing Aera happy made him feel content. Guess staying those years away from them were really worth it, he though to himself.

As discussed, Aera made her way to the rooftop of the mansion. The cold air blew softly around Aera making her feel goosebumps on her body. But the sight in front of her completely had her mesmerised.

The stars twinkled in the night sky, while the moonlight beamed through the clouds on the city. She walked towards the edge, holding on to the railings as she felt the night breeze kiss her face.

Suddenly, two warm hand made their way to her waist and she was engulfed with warmth. Knowing who it was, she leaned back. Her back touching his chest.

Mark slightly leaned his head on her as they gazed at the moonlit view ahead of them. "It's beautiful and so serene!" Aera exclaimed softly. "I know," he whispered.

"Come with me," Mark said in his soft voice. Aera obeyed and followed him. She saw Mark laying down a mattress. He slept on it patted the space beside him.

Aera briskly went over and laid down beside him. Mark covered them both with a warm blanket.

Gently, she rested her head on his chest. The sound of his beating heart was like a music to Aera which she could keep on hearing to.

Mark softly raked his fingers through her hair as they both were dazed by the starlit sky. "This is so romantic. I love it. Can we do this more often?" she asked him with a tone of eagerness present in her voice. "Of course we can," he replied and kissed her head.

Aera tilted her head to look at him. The moonlight beaming on his face made him look more handsome.

Involuntarily, her hand travelled to his face as her thumb gently rubbed his cheek, eyes locked with his. "I wish this moment lasts forever," she merely whispered.

"Uhmhm, we can have more of these. Our own secret little rendezvous," he whispered. They slowly leaned in and melted in the warmth of their lips. It was slow, subtle and short but dripped with love and affection.

Aera leaned back and rested her head of his arm. They snuggled together inside the blanket, stargazing. It was perfect. They were perfect.