16~ Settling In

MIN AERA~

I carefully read the files. I tried remembering the names by their features, like the giant baby I bit a while ago was named as Lucas and the other one who dropped by my place last time who was beautiful as hell was Jaehyun.  While going through the files all I could think about was they look more like Gucci models than mafias. I mean like for real, who poses like a fooking model for a data base! Anyway Mark looked good in it though. Not to lie he looked hella attractive in whatever he was wearing. But they are so young to be mafias, the youngest is 18. He is like a baby, I can literally squish his cheeks everyday. But I still wonder what got them to enter the dangerous world of mafia. I was caught up with my own thoughts when I heard Mark calling out  my name.

THIRD PERSON POV~

Mark called out for Aera who was leisurely sitting on the couch. She turned around and saw Mark walking towards her, "Hey, your room is ready. Come with me, I'll show you." Aera nodded and started following him. They took a flight of stairs and stood in front of a large but beautifully carved wooden door. The details carved on the door were so intriguing. Aera was mesmerized by it. "Mark, can I ask you something?" he nodded in response for her to continue. "Um, I just observed the design on the door.  Its very intriguing. As if it is trying to communicate something," she said still looking at the details while tracing it with her fingers. Mark was taken aback by her sudden confession. He was amazed by how observant she was, how she managed to notice very minute details about it. Aera turned her face towards him and shrugged it off, "Nevermind, it might just be me to think about it," she said and flashed a smile.

Mark broke out of the stance and replied, "Oh no, actually you are right. The details do signify something. It's what the boys have gone through over the years. The only difference is every member has their own sculpted door. Renjun did a great job with it." Aera nodded at him, "Renjun is that tiny guy right?" Mark chuckled at her description of one of his member, "Yes, that one." She hummed in response.

"Well this is your room, on the right side you have Jeno's room and on the left, mine. Call us if you need anything. Get settled, I'll call you for dinner," Mark said. "Okay, thankyou! "Aera said and thanked him. She entered the room and sprawled out on the bed letting sleep take over.

Meanwhile, Mark's room was flooded with the younger members. Some were lying on the bed while some on the couch. Mark entered the room and was confuse. "OhKay... why has my room been hijacked by you devils?" He questioned the younger ones. The younger lads exchange a look with each other and turn back towards the elder, "Nothing.. just.... she's pretty ya know," Jaemin wiggled his eyebrows while talking to Mark. "I'm definitely gonna hit on her. I mean she probably cannot reject this beautiful face, can she?" Haechan chimed in sounding confident. "Tsk, no hyuck, she cannot reject my cute eye smile. To be brutally honest, girls swoon over it." Jeno said while smirking. Soon Renjun joined in too, "I mean she's of our age and not to forget she called Lucas a giant baby. She is really something," he said while chuckling.

Their comments about Aera somehow made Mark feel agitated. His veins were almost popping out. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath to calm himself down. "If you're done then get out of my room please," he said, his voice sounding more cold and stern. The younger unit just nodded in response and left his room in an instant. Mark plopped down on his bed relaxing himself, whereas the younger lads burst into fit of laughter as their plan to make the older boy jealous worked.

~TIMESKIP~

It was time for dinner. Almost every member sat down at the dinning table whereas Aera was still fast asleep in her room. "Ain't she gonna come down for dinner?" Xiaojun asked as he saw the girl was missing. "Ah right, Mark please call her for dinner, I feel she might be sleeping so go and wake her up," Taeyong instructed Mark. He let out a low groan and stood up from his seat to call the girl.

Mark reached her room and knocked on the door. He repeated it thrice but got no response. He slowly twisted the door nob and peeked his head inside her room. All he could see was how adorably she was curled up inside the duvet like a fluffball. Making his way towards her, he settled himself at the edge of the bed. She was snoring softly and he still found it cute. Mark shook her slightly. "Aera wake up," he got no response. He tried shaking her harder this time but still got no response. He resorted to the last option, "AERA, WAKE THE HELL UP!"

Aera was startled by a sudden loud noise and in defense ended up punching the person in front of her right on the nose. "HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FISHY FISH WAS THAT!" Aera exclaimed, still in a state of shock. Mark held his nose in pain which now turned red because of a sudden impact. "Yo what the hell!" she recognized the person standing near her bed. "what are you doing in my room? HAWWW, I knew you were a pervert!" she exclaimed. "The hell, I'm not, I just came to call you for dinner." Mark defended himself still holding on to his now red nose. "What happened to your nose?" Aera asked him unaware of her own actions. "You deadass punched me!" he exclaimed. "No... I wouldn't have punched you if you weren't honking your voice at the top of your lungs," she replied trying not to lose the argument. "ugh, whatever. Let's go down and have dinner cause I did not sign up for this shit." Mark said. Aera just rolled her eyes and mocked him" i diD nOt siGn Up foR tHis shIt." Frustrated, Mark left the room first followed by Aera.

Reaching down all the 22 eyes turned towards young lads who came downs. "yo Mark why is your nose red like Rudolf?" Johnny questioned the younger one. Mark in response groaned and rolled his eyes and replied, "Ask her," he said pointing out towards the girl. Aera raised both of her hands in defense and said, "I just punched him because he was practically screaming while waking me up." The boy scoffed and rolled his eyes at her while the other ones were snickering at both of them. "Ok ok, let's sit down and have a peaceful dinner hm?" the leader intervened.

Aera sat down in between of Haechan and Jeno. The three were talking and smiling throughout the dinner. Little did she know that someone was fuming with anger and jealousy inside him.

Soon after dinner everyone went to their respective rooms. Aera settled in her room too. Thinking about today she smiled as she looked back at the events. They aren't that bad she thought. Even after sleeping for more than 12 hours, she still found herself in deep slumber.

 Even after sleeping for more than 12 hours, she still found herself in deep slumber