35~ Forgive And Forget

Taeyong was extremely upset by the fact that his sister was hurt because of his actions. he blamed himself. He gave a thought to apologise to Aera. He was about to make his way to Aera's room when he saw Mark.

"Mark, how is she? Is she okay?" Taeyong asked Mark with concern. "Don't worry hyung, she's fine and asleep right now. You can go talk to her after sometime." Mark suggested. Taking the suggestion in consideration, the elder just nodded in reply and proceeded, "Did she say anything?"

Mark heaved a sigh, "She did not expect this at all hyung. She was scared that she could have hurt Jeno. She's just a bit disappointed," he informed. "Guess I have a lot to makeup." "Guess you do." Mark replied and they headed towards the living room.

The members were in the living room when Doyoung exclaimed entering the room, "I FOUND THEIR BASE!!"

Everyone turned to the direction of his voice. "You what?" Taeyong asked in disbelief. "I FOUND THEIR BASE." he repeated. "Greattt, spy team, you know what to do next. You will take turns for the rounds. Your mission will start tomorrow." Taeyong instructed and got a yes in reply.

"Now get to work while I do mine," Taeyong said while mumbling the last part.

Carefully opening the door, he peeked inside the room. It was silent. He saw that Aera was still asleep.

Making his way to her, Taeyong made himself comfortable at the edge of her bed. He stared at her and gently caressed her hair. The sudden feeling contact woke up Aera from her slumber. She was confused to why Taeyong was in her room.

"Uhh? Hyung? What happened?" she asked the elder, her voice still groggy. He kept quite and just stared at her. Her eyes were red and puffy because of crying. A pang of guilt and hurt hit Taeyong after looking at her state.

Putting his head down in guilt he uttered, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just wanted to be fair and test you like how I tested others. Please don't hate me." His voice came out more somber.

Aera's eyes softened after looking at him. "It's alright hyung. I get it. And I would never hate you hyung. I might get mad and sad but I'd never hate you," she confessed and expressed tenderness. Taeyong's face lit up after hearing her. Ruffling her hair he got up,

"Then I must say, welcome to NCT."

Hearing those words felt like a dream. A dream she was trying to fulfil and working on it diligently for almost 2 weeks. Here she was, being welcomed by the leader himself.

"You can get your tattoo tomorrow. I will inform Renjun about it. Also get ready meeting's in an hour." Taeyong instructed her.

"Yes Sir!" Aera exclaimed energetically, giving a goofy smile to the leader.

As soon as the elder left her room, Aera couldn't help but jump around with happiness. She stood in front on a mirror and stared at herself. "I did it. I did it dad. I will take the revenge," she mumbled to herself.

Encouraging herself with positive words, she got ready for the meeting.

My first gang meeting. The words were enough to make her feel a sudden rush of adrenaline.

A feeling she barely got to experience because of being an ambivert. Everything about the gang made her feel euphoric. A feeling of belonging. Being surrounded by people who don't hate her nor judge her and would be there for her, no matter what.

Even though she met these 23 men just 2 months ago, they still made her feel like she's been with them for more over a decade.

Aera was ready. She was ready to face it all. Standing strong under the guidance of her mother and brother and with the support of her now fellow gang members.