26~ A Day Out (1)

Aera was sprawled on the couch with the younger unit and some members of WayV playing battleground. 

Taeyong entered the living room and saw the younger bunch playing game. "hey heyyy, don't you guys have homework and missions to catch on?" he said addressing them. All of their heads turned towards him, giving him a glance they engaged themselves back in the game again.  Taeyong scoffed in disbelief, "I got no respect in this household. These kids will never listen. Doyoung get your kids and Min Aera, I have an offer for you!" he yelled.

Aera's ears perked up at the mention of her name. Leaving the game immediately, she stood in front of Taeyong like a puppy waiting for it's prize. " What is it? Are you letting me join the gang?" she asked him in an excited tone. The members shifted their gaze from their game to Aera and Taeyong, thinking where the conversation is leading.

Taeyong held Aera by her ear. She started whining in pain, "Aahhh, it hurts Taeyong. I won't join the gang." He loosened his grip on her ear and patted her cheek, "Good. 'Cause I won't let you join. Anyway do you want to go shopping?" he asked her. "YES, I WANT TO~" Aera replied in an excited tone and continued, "But, is it safe for me to step out?" Taeyong nodded his head and said, "Yes it is and I'm not letting you out alone. Mark will be with you all the time. All you have to do is shop." 

He took out a digi-watch and gave it to Aera. "Wear this. It's a watch and a tracker.  If you feel like you're in danger, just tap the watch three times. It will immediately alert us if you're in trouble. Mark has his, you're going out so I wanted to give you one too." "Thanks Yong, I'll go and get ready now." She happily skipped through the hallways of the mansion and reached her room.

Aera was tying up her hair when she heard a knock on her door, "yes?" Mark peeked inside the room slowly. "Aera, are you done?" Aera turned and saw Mark. "yes Mark, just tying my hair up." "Okay I'll wait downstairs." He replied and headed down. 

Aera went downstairs and found Mark waiting for her, "Let's go." she said. "Don't be late. Come back home early and you know the protocol," they heard Taeyong shout from his study. "We will." Mark and Aera replied in unison.

They headed towards the parking lot and settled themselves in the car. "Put on your seatbelt." Mark instructed her. Aera's seatbelt was somewhat stuck and it wouldn't budge a bit. Mark saw her struggling and decided to help her. He leaned towards her seat and tried helping her. 

Aera's heartbeat quickened after looking at how close he was to her. She took time to read his facial features. Sharp jawline and super cute cheek, how his eyes were focused on solving the mystery of stuck up seatbelt and the super noticeable mole on his cheek. Aera was entranced by his visibly sharp yet subtle features. 

"It's rude to stare at someone Ms.Min," Mark said as he put on her seatbelt but stayed in the same position. A sudden wave of confidence washed over Aera as she replied, "Well can't help myself when I have such a good looking guy in front of me Mr. Lee." He smirked when she called him Mr. Lee. "Call me that more, I like it-" he paused and moved closer to Aera. Their noses touching and his breath fanning over her lips. He glanced at her lips and back to eyes.

Aera's breath hitched as he licked his lips and replied "- it's sexy." A tint of pink spread on Aera's face. She was practically screaming on the inside. They stayed in the same position until they heard Ten's voice, "Johnny, Mark and Aera are kissing inside you car!" "Not INSIDE MY CAR YOU HORMONAL YOUNG ADULTS.!!" they heard Johnny's voice.

Mark smirked and went leaned back in his seat and started driving. Aera fanned her face and turned on the AC. Mark giggled at her flustered state.

They reached the mall. Aera was about to step out when Mark held her hand and stopped her. "Now before you step out, stay by my side and don't go anywhere alone. If you feel something's wrong, don't hesitate to tell me or tug my sleeve. If you feel somethings wrong when you're alone, tap the watch thrice. Am I clear?" Mark instructed her. She nodded her head in agreement. 

Entering the mall, Aera looked around and a smile made on her face. She was out again after a month of staying inside the mansion. She was basically tasting freedom again. Excited, she started walking briskly to the stores. Mark caught up behind her and held her hand. "Hey, I told you to stay by my side," Mark said while frowning. She gave him an apologetic smile, "Sorry got caught up in the moment. But, can we please go?" He nodded his head.

Both of them did not mind holding each other's hand. Aera felt safe holding his hand and Mark felt the need to protect her. It was as if they were one another's comfort zone. 

Aera wasn't much of a shopper. She merely had  4-5 bags in her hand. "Here, let me hold it." Mark offered to hold the bags. "Woah, look at you being all gentleman huhh!" Aera teased him. Leaning near her ear, "I'm  still a gentleman with etiquettes babe, even though I'm a mafia," he said while winking and whispering the last part. She blushed when he called her babe. It sounded like he was marking his territory. He took the bags from her hand and held them in his left hand while the other one was holding onto Aera's tightly. 

It was nearing the rush hour, the number of people started increasing in the shopping mall. Aera was so engrossed in window shopping that she didn't even notice people pushing past her. Mark saw this. He placed a hand on her shoulder and pulled her closer towards him.  He did not remove his hand, instead he gripped on her shoulder protectively and walked beside her. This did not go unnoticed by Aera. She took a glance at his hand on her shoulder and then towards him. He was looking around but felt a gaze on him. He saw her and flashed a comforting smile and went back to checking out the stores. She diverted back her gaze, blushing slightly.

A wholeass boyfriend material : check ☑  , she thought.

Not long after their stomach started growling. Hungry, they decided to grab a bite. "Hey what do you want to eat?" Mark asked Aera. "Can you get me a chocolate milkshake?" "Umm sure, go find a seat." he said. 

Aera found a table and sat there keeping the bags on the opposite chair. She was casually glancing around when she saw a man with a black cap glancing at her. They locked eyes and he immediately diverted his gaze. She found him suspicious but shrugged off thinking it as coincidence. Mark soon returned back to the table with their orders.

After eating peacefully, they were back to exploring. Aera shopped some stuffs for the boys too. 

They were walking around when she felt like someone's following and possibly burning holes with their glare. Aera looked around but she saw no one. Shrugging it, she continued shopping.