45~ Gone

It was 7 in the evening. Mark woke up from his nap. Stretching a bit, he made his way downstairs.

Lucas, Yangyang, Renjun and Chenle were seated in the living room. "Yo man looks like you just had your beauty sleep," Lucas commented which made everyone snicker. "Yeah man. I was tired. So needed it. Anyway, have you seen Aera?" Mark asked. 

"No man. Haven't seen her." Lucas replied. Mark scratched his head in confusion as he mumbled an ok. He waddled his way to the dining room where he saw the elder members chatting. "Oh the baby lion is here," Johnny commented. His comment made the others chuckle. 

"Hyung~" Mark whined. He shifted and was now facing Taeyong who was chuckling. "Taeyong hyung have you seen Aera?" Mark asked. "No Mark. She hasn't returned yet. Leave my sister alone for a day you baby cub," Taeyong teased and pulled his cheeks.

An unknown unsettling feeling in his gut was making the young lover upset. He settled on one of the dinning chair and tried calling Aera but he received no answer in return. He did not hesitate to quickly check her location. 

A sigh of relief was heaved when he saw her location was still in the mall. The younger's odd behavior did not go unnoticed by the leader. He took a seat beside him as he patted his back, "Chill out Mark she will come back soon. We still have time for dinner."  Taeyong assured Mark. 

An hour passed by quick. The clock struck past 8. The elders who were now engrossed in their chats took a notice of the time. "Mark, try calling Soa or Aera see where they are." Taeyong commanded. 

As on cue Mark immediately tried contacting Aera but he got no response. He tried calling Soa but still no response. 

The door bell rang gaining everyone's attention. Chenle got up to open the door. Everyone eyed the door in anticipation, waiting for the two girls to arrive home. Opening the door, they saw a smiling Jihoon. 

"Hey bro!" Jihoon greeted Chenle brightly. He walked to the living room and was now infront of Mark. "Hey, did the girls come back?" he asked Mark.  

Nodding his head, Mark replied, "No. They are not picking up the phone." "That's odd. Soa usually replies quickly." Jihoon replied and continued "Mark can you track their location?" Mark nodded in reply and instantly got to work. 

"Hyung they are still at the mall!" Mark informed. His replied troubled the older leader. Now he was concerned for his younger sister. Jihoon's smile soon disappeared from his face. An anxious look washed over his face.

"Let's do one thing. Mark take Dream with you and head to the mall. WayV will be ready for your backup, just incase. Now Dream. Get ready with your gears and be down here in 10. Go!" Taeyong instructed. 

His mind was now overflowing with all the negative scenarios. The thought of losing his family terrified him. This did not only made him worry but also made the members anxious. Jihoon was terrified of losing his love and one and only bestfriend.  

Jaehyun walked up to him. He put his hand on Jihoon's shoulder, "Don't worry we'll make sure they are safe," he assured the younger. 

The younger team was now standing near the front door. "Mark, Jeno and Sungchan will enter the mall. Chenle, Jisung and Renjun will stay inside the van. Shotaro will spy the surrounding area while Haechan will snipe from he building that's right beside the mall. Are the instructions clear?"  Taeyong commanded. 

"YES" the team replied in unison. "Now get on the move, quick!" the leader commanded. 

On the leader's command the team ran out of the mansion. Doyoung and Taeyong headed to the surveillance room to keep a track on the team.

The car made a stop at the mall's entrance. As discussed  the team dispersed on to their given positions. Mark, Sungchan and Jeno followed Aera's tracker. 

Their eyes wandered around the mall. The people were rushing back home. while some were peacefully having dinner. The tracker started blinking. 

"Hyung we're here but I cannot see Aera nor Soa here," Jeno informed. "What exact location is the tracker showing?" Mark asked Jeno. "We are already at the location." Jeno replied. "Hyung here!" the duo heard Sungchan's voice. 

They headed towards him. "Hyung isn't this Aera noona's watch and mobile phone?" he questioned.

 Mark's world came crashing down as he recognized the belongings. "Y-yes" his voice faltered while replying. "Mark, what's going on? Did you find her?" he heard the leader's voice through his in-ears. "Mark?"

It was as if Mark lost his voice. Nothing literally nothing came to his mind. It was as if his own voice betrayed him. "Hyung-" he started. "Yes, Mark. I'm here. Tell me," Taeyong asked. 

A lone tear escaped his eye as he replied to the leader. "Hyung she's gone. Aera's gone." His words completely broke the leader. "W-what do mean g-gone?" 

Mark eyed Aera's belongings and Seventeen's logo which was boldly marked on the table, "They took her hyung. They took Aera and Soa." 

"