Chapter Four

September 1st had finally reared its ugly head

September 1st had finally reared its ugly head. Rosalie, Fred, and George sat in their own carriage. Lee having left to go find another of his friends, knowing that Rosalie needed to speak with the twins.

"How's your dad?" George asked as they all dug into their sweets that Rosalie had kindly bought for them all to share.

"How do you imagine he is?" Rosalie questioned with a smirk.

"Still Hybrid face and growling." Fred stated. Rosalie nodded with a laugh.

"He's mad about what happened at the game, actually more like he wants to kill everyone because we almost got hurt." She finished shaking her head. "This is shit, how can the ministry not know who conjured it. Isn't there any security or?" Rosalie questioned, a growl on her lips.

"Loads according to Dad, that's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses." Fred and George stated.

"Argh, why is that every time I want to have fun something bad happens." Rosalie grunted as she crossed her arms and pouted. "I can't even talk to Tom, cause he's resting," Rosalie whispered as her bottom lip puckered out.

"It's alright Rose, everything will be fine when we fix Tom up." Fred started.

"Yeah, he'll take back control and fix the wizarding world. For everyone." George finished as they pulled up to the station.

"I hope so." Rosalie whispered as they stepped out and met back up with Lee. "This year better be better then the others." Rosalie stated as they got into their carriage and made their way up to Hogwarts.

When they all walk into the gates Rosalie was stood outside with Fred and George as they watched with the rest of the school as a carriage with flying horses come to land in the school. Everyone around them cheers.

"Clear the runway." She hears Hagrid call out.

"Well there's something you don't see every day." Rosalie states before looking over and seeing a large ship emerge from under the water and approaches the school too.

Walking into the Great Hall. Rosalie takes her place in between the twins; the old coot soon begins his speech. "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement." Dumbledore starts. "This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen..." Dumbledore continues before Filch comes running down the aisle, limping in a comical way, he whispers something to Dumbledore and leaves in the same fashion.

Giggles filled the room as he ran. 

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete." Dumbledore says. "Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime."

Rosalie looks to see a group of girls dressed in blue dance up the aisle and release butterflies into the air. They bow and everyone applauds.

"Blimey, that's one big woman." Seamus says as he sees their headmistress.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore calls.

Now a series of older boys walk up the aisle brandishing staffs, twirling them around and periodically stabbing them into the ground with a spark effect.

"Blimey it's him, Viktor Krum!" She hears Ronald exclaim. Rolling her eyes as some of the boys from the school send her winks. George and Fred soon sizing them up.

They were going to protect their little sister. No one touches her. And they weren't just doing this for her father, they were also begrudgingly doing it for Tom as well.

"Albus!" Karkaroff calls out in greeting.

"Igor." Dumbledore greets as the pair embrace.

Rosalie watched the three heads of the school and giggled seeing Hagrid's love struck face. Before Dumbledore turned back to the assembled students. "Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked." Fred whispers. While Rosalie laughs at the twins smirks.

"For this reason, the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch." Dumbledore says and as though the mans name was a curse thunder roars overhead, rain begins leaking through the roof and screams break out. Rosalie smells a familiar scent and turns to see a strange man standing in the doorway, he casts some magic upwards and seals the roof. Peace is restored.

"Watch him." Rosalie whispers to the twins. The two look to the man and instantly know who he is. "He's not who you think, he has the same scent as the man from the games, the one who cast the spell." She answers to their unspoken question.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody." She heard Ronald say.

"Alastor Moody? The Auror." Hermione whispers as she looks at the man.

"He was a catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days." Ronald answers.

And as the man enters the room, he begins to walk. Rosalie sees his mechanical eye watch her. He limps, breathing heavily as he goes.

"My dear old friend, thanks for coming." Dumbledore says as he greets Moody.

"That stupid roof." She hears Moody mutter as he takes a drink. Rosalie smells it and instantly coughs. He really isn't who he's supposed to be if he drinking Polyjuice.

Barty soon steps forward and speaks to everyone. "After much deliberation, the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final.

The crowd is unsettled, people are booing. "That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" Fred and George cried out as Rosalie thank god for the rules.

"Thank you for having mercy on me this year god!" Rosalie cried out laughing happily her hands raised to the ceiling as she cheered.

"Silence!" Dumbledore's voice echoes. Everyone becomes quiet as the old man casts magic over a box which melds into a goblet containing a blue flame. "The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night." Dumbledore says looking over everyone. "Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun." 

********************************************************

Yo! Chapter ten of year four at the end made me tear up a little. Not gonna lie.