Chapter Three

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*************************************************

The sun rises over Hogwarts. Rosalie runs down the halls of the towering castle. She skids around a corner and pushes through the door to the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom. The whole class looks around at Rosalie as she comes staggering in.

"Sorry," Rosalie says, shrugging her shoulders.

Umbridge smiles, toad-like, at Rosalie. "Hmm, let's see, five points from Gryffindor for coming in late." She says, Rosalie shrugs, but unfortunately sits down next to Weasley and Granger.

"Now, as I was saying before Miss. Potter interrupted with her antics, your Defence Against the Dark Arts education has been rather fragmented and disjointed in your past classes, hasn't it?" She asks looking around at all the students.

"Know now that this is about to be rectified. I will be following pre-approved Ministry-prepared, theory-centred Defence lesson plan." She finishes and waves her wand at the blackboard and words are written down on it. "Copy this down."

Everyone opens their books and begins copying, except Granger, who sits with her book unopened, her hand in the air.

Umbridge ignores her.

However, within the next few second, nearly the whole class is watching Granger. Umbridge sighs.

"Yes?"

"I wanted to know something about your course aims." Granger says.

"Well, they should be perfectly self-evident." Umbridge stated, Rosalie raises an eyebrow at the showdown.

"Well, I don't think they are. They say nothing about actually doing spells." Granger finishes.

Umbridge laughs. "I can imagine no circumstance in my class where you would need to use spells, my dear!"

"But surely the whole point of Defence against the dark arts is practical application?" Granger questions.

"Miss Granger, this class has been approved by Ministry experts. Are you a Ministry expert?" Umbridge asks the girl.

Rosalie tilts her head as she thinks over something to say. This woman was obviously here because of the fake reports about her claiming that Voldemort was back.

"No, but..."

"Then you have no business those who are. We will be learning about spells in a safe, risk-free environment..."

"But we've got O.W.L.S coming up! You expect us to do the spells with no practice?"

"What good's theory in the real world?" Rosalie asks jumping into the conversation.

"This is school, not the real world, Miss Potter. There is nothing out there waiting to get you." Umbridge says to her. Rosalie tilts her head.

"I know you're here, because you are trying to make sure I look like the crazy one. I never said that Voldemort was back, I never said a thing, I don't know who did, but I didn't." Rosalie states. Weasley tries to stop her but she shoots him down with a fierce glare on her face. "But as an example if he did come back, which he hasn't, how is theory going to protect us against those who wish us harm?" Rosalie asks.

"Miss Potter, you don't believe he's back?" Umbridge asked the girl, her face filled with shock.

"No." Rosalie answered.

"Rose babe, you did say he is back, when you came to my house over the summer." Weasley stated. Rosalie's mood went down even more.

"I was no where near you over the summer, I was in my house with my Godfather, I would also still like to point out I am with someone who I deeply love so stop calling me babe or better yet Weasley call me Potter. Because we are not friends or even remotely acquaintances," Rosalie growled. Her anger ripping through her veins.

"Now can you answer the question? Because yes, Voldemort is gone, but that doesn't mean another Dark Lord or Lady will rise in his place, so is theory really going to protect us or not?" Rosalie asked once more.

Umbridge stood there, unable to say a thing. Her mouth agape in shock.

Rosalie shook her head. "So you being silent is your answer, some Ministry. You know if he did come back, I was gonna leave, because I don't understand why a girl whose still learning about magic was thought to be the one to beat the Dark Lord, you know someone whose been around longer then me."

With those final words Rosalie stood and left the classroom. "Until you can give me a valuable answer I will be studding in the library and finding an empty classroom to use as my practice area. Good day Umbridge." Rosalie says, slamming the door behind her. 

Rosalie rolled her eyes as she walked away. Her thoughts raging. And as she storms her way down the halls, she turns the corner and practically kicks open the door to McGonagall's office.

As she storms in McGonagall says nothing to the girl. "I told Umbridge off and made her look like a fool." Rosalie states as McGonagall continues marking the work in front of her.

"Is this true? Did you really tell her off?" McGonagall questions.

"Yes. But she has the audacity to tell us that we are only doing theory! So as of today anytime I have Defence I will be in the library or an empty classroom teaching myself how to do the practical side of spells." Rosalie stated.

"My dear girl, do use your common sense! Umbridge is reporting directly to Fudge. She is here to... interfere... with Dumbledore. And things could get much worse, trust me." McGonagall states. "Use caution, always, Potter. Do not mess with Dolores Umbridge, she is dangerous. The Order's hands are tied at Hogwarts, Rosalie. If you get too deep into trouble, we may not be able to get you out. Do you understand?"

Rosalie looks to the woman, before smirking. "No Umbridge isn't the dangerous one, I am." Rosalie states before turning and walking away from the older woman. "If she steps a foot the wrong way, she'll be answering to me." 

"Potter! Potter!" McGonagall called out, but the young girl did not come back.

No she kept walking down the halls, her eyes blazing gold, veins going down her face, and fangs poking through her lips. She quickly made her way to the kitchens. Spending the remainder of the day inside with Dobby, the elf also got Tom, George, and Fred to help him calm the girl.

Only when Tom held her tightly, whispering sweet words into her ear did she relax.

"I'm going to kill this pink toad." Tom growled.

"You can't, we called dibs." George stated.

"But you can help with the torturing." Fred ended.

Tom blinked before shaking his head. "Of course, you would know all about the dibs. Why am I not surprised."