Chapter Eleven

Rosalie sits with Tom at the Slytherin table, the boy holding her hand

Rosalie sits with Tom at the Slytherin table, the boy holding her hand. Her head laying on his shoulder as they both watch Professor McGonagall speak to all the students.

"Today begins your O.W.L. exams. A number of the Ministry instructors are here to give them. Exams will take place for the next two weeks. Exams will be split in t parts, theory and practical application." McGonagall explains as she looks over the students. "I must warn you that the most stringent anti-cheating spells have been added to your exam papers. No students has successfully cheated on an O.W.L. in a century, though every year someone tries it." She says shaking her head. "Naturally, cheating will not be suffered, and anyone caught will be expelled from Hogwarts." 

With that speech McGonagall goes back to her seat, all the fifth years look on in worry, all except Rosalie. "Good luck, my Lady." Tom whispers in her ear. Rosalie smirks as she lifts her head and kisses him on the lips. He quirks his lips in a smile as he watches Rosalie walk to her class. A sway in her hips. "One year." 

Night falls over Hogwarts, Rosalie stands on top of the Astronomy tower, Weasley trying and failing to get her attention as she works with Neville. The pair peer through the telescopes into the night sky.

Rosalie's telescope is propped on the parapet and she is leaning over it slightly. Her ears pick up the sound of the Great Hall doors opening with a groan. Golden light spills into the night, and six shadows move forward into the darkness.

Rosalie watches with Neville next to her. "That's Umbridge down there." Neville whispers in worry. Several other students begin to watch the proceedings taking place below.

"They're heading for Hagrid's!" Rosalie cries panic in her voice. Neville takes her hand and tries to comfort her; the boy having found out that had their parents made it through the war they would be basically siblings. Seeing as they were God-brother and God-sister. Him being Lily's God-son and her being his mother's God-daughter. 

He had even told Rosalie and all she did was smile and tell him she was happy. She had more people in her family. Her family was growing.

"Eyes back on the sky, please." Professor Tofty urges but all the students ignore her. The six shadows approach the hut, silhouetted against the windows of it. They open the door, and it closes.

"Twenty minutes left on your exam, students." Professor Tofty states. Rosalie wasn't worried having already completed the test. She watches as the shadows pace past the windows to Hagrid's Hut. Raised voices could be heard. Rosalie felt Tom poking through her mind and she allowed him the use of her sight.

As soon as Tom started to watch a sharp bang is heard, along with a flash of blinding light from within the cabin. The door bursts open and Hagrid stumbles out, clutching at his waist, followed by the other six. The six shadows fire stun spells at Hagrid.

"No!" Rosalie cried in fright.

The red-coloured spells simply impact Hagrid and bounce off of him. Rosalie sighs seeing him still standing.

"Be reasonable, Hagrid!" A man shouts.

Hagrid yells incomprehensibly.

Fangs leaps from the open door onto the man who spoke. Knocking the man over. Fang bounds over to Hagrid and leaps in front of him, taking a hex full in the chest and falls to the ground with a whine. Hagrid roars in rage, seizes the one responsible and hurls him ten feet through the air. The man lands hard and does not move.

Professor McGonagall storms through the doors of the Great Hall and out into the night, fury written across her face.

Neville points to McGonagall. "Look!" He cries, squeezing Rosalie's hand.

Rosalie smiles.

"McGonagall will sort this out!" Neville cheers.

McGonagall marches towards them. Her face is illuminated every few moments by the red light of spells being fired. "How dare you! How DARE you!" McGonagall shouts in rage. She breaks into a run. "Stop this immediately!" She orders. The firing continues. "Enough!"

She draws her wand in a swift motion. Instantly, four of the attackers turn to her and fire their spells. Before she can even react, they slam into her. She is briefly illuminated in blood-red light and then is lifted from her feet and hurled backward five feet to slam into the ground.

She does not move.

Several students scream in terror. Professor Tofty covers her mouth. "Not even a warning!" She cries. Rosalie is the first to move, using her vampire speed. She is first to make it down the stairs and over to McGonagall.

"Professor!" Rosalie cries as tears slip down her face. Rosalie takes her hand in hers as she looks the older woman over. Several of the Professor's race outside, the students from Rosalie's class right behind them.

Professor Snape is the first to reach Rosalie and tries to pry her away from McGonagall, but she growls lowly in warning. Her wolf was pissed. "Someone get me Lord Slytherin now!" Snape ordered stepping around the girl and going to the other side. "Rosalie, you need to let her go. She needs to be taken to the hospital wing." Snape whispers to the enraged wolf.

Tom was soon over near Rosalie, his hands removing hers from McGonagall's. Flitwick steps forward and levitates McGonagall into the air, floating her up the steps and into the school. They leave dozens of muttering students behind, in the night.

Rosalie grips onto Tom as she breaths heavily. "She'll pay." Rosalie growls.  

"Yes, she will, but you need to calm yourself My Lady," Tom whispers into her ear as the twins walk forward. All four of them were angered. But Rosalie and the twins were more then angered, they were holding onto a thin string to keep their control. Seeing as McGonagall was basically family to them. And as always you never mess with Rosalie's nor the twins family.   

"Don't worry Rosalie, she'll be dead soon." Fred growls as George nods next to him. The pair took deep breaths in before walking away with Tom and Rosalie behind them.