Chapter Ten

Flipping through the book her eyes scanned over the creepy like graffiti that fills all the pages

Flipping through the book her eyes scanned over the creepy like graffiti that fills all the pages. Shaking her head, Rosalie runs her finger under the first printed instruction. 'Cut up one Sopophorous bean.'

Rosalie takes a silver dagger as Jeremy watches her, poises it over the bean when, the weasel bean shoots across the room heading for her head. Jeremy catches it just short of her face and throws the bean back at him. "Thank you." Rosalie says to Jeremy as he goes back to leaning on the counter and watching her.

Rosalie surveys the rest of the room: everyone is struggling to cut the resistant legume. She glances back to her book, considers the instructions again. She spots the arrow that has been drawn from the word 'cut' to the margin, where a modification has been written in the tight scrawl:

'Crush with blade – releases juice better.'

Rosalie considers the dagger in her hand and smirks; she places the flat of the blade against the bean and presses. Instantly, the protective parchment covering the desk runs red with juice.

And at that time Granger had walked past. "How did you do that?" She questioned.

"Crush it. Don't cut it." Rosalie answered absentmindedly.

"No. The instructions specifically say to cut." Granger stressed.

"Whatever." Rosalie says ignoring the girl. Granger huffs and goes back to her place, Jeremy smirked as his Mistress mocked the Granger girl. Rosalie lifts the parchment and tips the juice into her cauldron. It hisses, then turns lilac. Rosalie smirks as she winks at Jeremy.

Everyone struggles, one cauldron overflows causing all those over there to run, not wanting to be affected by the substance. Rosalie watches as Granger becomes more and more frustrated. Her hair growing even bushier in the steam rising from her cauldron.

Rosalie traces her finger under the official instruction... then drifts to the spidery scrawl in the margin. She hears Malfoy swear and turns to see he had cut himself. Rosalie cleared her throat before passing the boy a vial. Inside her blood rests. He thanks her and drinks the blood, any wounds on him healing quickly.

Rosalie continues with her work, cool as a cucumber, she adds one last ingredient, steps back and smirks, she was done. She turns to see Granger's hair, like Medea now, glowers at her.

Rosalie blows her a kiss and flips her hair.

Now the time was up, Slughorn wends his way amongst the cauldrons, nodding with sympathy at the fiascos before him. Then... he stops, staring in disbelief at the pearly sheen of one bubbling potion. 

"Merlin's Beard! But it's perfect." Slughorn cries. "So perfect I daresay one sip would kill us all! Your mother was a dab hand at potions, but this... My, my, what can't you do my girl?" Slughorn questions Rosalie as she leans into Jeremy's embrace. Her mood souring at the mention of her mother. Still aching for her hug and love. "Perhaps you will save us all in the end." Slughorn mentions and Rosalie rolls her eyes.

Rosalie doesn't smile as Slughorn walks over to the small vial. "Here you are then, as promised. One bottle of Felix Felicis. Use it well." Slughorn says to the girl. Rosalie takes the glittering vial. She looks as it before walking out of the room and going up to her next class with Jeremy right behind her. 

Later on in the night as Rosalie walked into her room, she saw Jeremy lounging on the couch. In his hand a note. "The old coot want's to see you." The boy says, holding the note out to her.

Rolling her eyes she takes it, her green eyes skimming over the words. "What a shame it didn't reach me." Rosalie mutters as she throws the letter into the roaring fire, the gold shimmer of the fire reflecting onto her pale skin.

Jeremy smirked watching his Mistress's eyes light from the fire, the gold of her hybrid eyes matching the burning embers. "What will you do if he shows up here?" Jeremy questions.

Rosalie allowed a callous smirk slide onto her face. "Why I'll simply question why the older man is coming to visit me so late at night. It would be a scandal on his part." 

Jeremy chuckled hearing his Mistress's plans. "And I'll be sure to throw him out." Jeremy said next, Rosalie laughed, as she joined Jeremy on the couch, wrapping her arms around him as he held her waist. "I wonder why he wanted you?" Jeremy questioned. Rosalie shrugged as she watched the dancing flames.

After some time, the flames grew bigger and out came Tom, Rosalie giggled as she leapt off Jeremy and over to Tom, hugging her husband tightly. "I've missed you." Rosalie whispered as Tom's arms wrapped snuggly around her. 

"I've missed you as well, my darling." Tom whispered into her ear. "How has your classes been?" Tom asked as they moved to the couch, Jeremy still spread across the couch, the pair taking the love seat instead.

Rosalie rolled her eyes as they sat down, her on his lap. "McGonagall asked me what I was doing today during my free period. She thinks I want to be an Auror, of course I don't want it, but apparently she didn't care, so I went to the stupid potions class with Professor Slughorn," Rosalie explained. "Granted though I'm quite pleased with getting the Liquid Luck. But I want you to have it." Rosalie stated handing the potion to Tom.

"And why are you giving it to me?" He questioned her.

"Who knows, you may need it when it comes to those idiots." Rosalie said smirking.

"Anything else happen?" Tom asked as he pocketed the vial. Jeremy moved his head in their direction before speaking.

"The old coot summoned Rosalie to his office." Jeremy stated. 

"Why?" Tom growled his eyes flashing red, the veins running down his face.

"We don't know, I didn't feel like dealing with him, so I decided that the note never reached me." Rosalie stated. "I have a feeling that it has something to do with Voldemort though." She finished.

"Would make sense that's why he's brought that idiot Slughorn back." Tom huffed. Rosalie's finger tracing the veins on his face.

"It's alright, if he shows himself here, I'll play scared," Rosalie said with a shrug. "I'd start questioning why he was here at my dorm so late at night."

Tom smirked hearing the words coming from her lips. "I love you Mrs. Slytherin." Tom whispered into her ear. Rosalie smiled as she snuggled into his chest.

"I love you too." She whispered back slowly drifting to sleep.