Chapter Fifteen

The third task was quick to approach

The third task was quick to approach. Rosalie was jumping back and forth from one foot to the other. She was nervous. But she wasn't scared.

Because this time, her family was all here to see the game. Her father giving her some tips, such as using her wolf form to help her track her way out if something goes wrong. Elijah had said she should use her vampire strength to fight anything they may come at her.

She was bloody thankful for them.

Tom had taught her many more spells before the next task, so that she was now up to par with the other three students. Fred and George had even taught her some of their spells that they use to help them with their pranks.

This time around the music is playing and a large crowd is gathered. The champions emerge. Rosalie behind the three elder student.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory... and Miss Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum..." Dumbledore says, and the crowd goes nuts.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather round." Dumbledore says to the crowd before cutting the spell off and turning to the champions.

"In the maze you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze." He says. The four nod in understanding. "Oh find the cup if you can but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way."

"Champions! Prepare yourselves." Moody calls out.

Rosalie is quick to hug her family, all of them giving her helpful tips. Tom holds her tightly and kissed her head. He wishes her luck, and she makes her way to the entrance.

"On the count of three... ONE..." Dumbledore shouts. The cannon goes off. Rosalie and Cedric enter the maze through different entrances. The entrance closes up behind Rosalie. A heavy mist sets in, Rosalie sighs as she starts traversing the maze, creature noises are all around. Rosalie is quick to let her Hybrid face free to see better.

And what she sees is Fleur being swallowed into the undergrowth.

"Fleur? Fleur!" Rosalie shouts. But she is too late she's disappeared. Rosalie sends up a red spark into the air. A heavy wind starts blowing, walls are closing in, Rosalie runs. She turns around and sees something shining in the distance and she moves towards it, but Viktor tries to spell her but misses.

"Get down!" Cedric cries and Rosalie ducks and Viktor gets zapped by Cedric. Cedric runs up and kicks the wand out of Viktor's hand. He points his wand at Viktor's body as if to finish him off, Rosalie runs up and intervenes.

"No stop! He's bewitched Cedric." Rosalie says, as she struggles with the boy.

"Get off me!" Cedric shouts.

"He's bewitched!" Rosalie cries again as the of them begin running towards the cup. The undergrowth grabs Cedric and he falls to the ground. Rosalie looks back and she gasps. Cedric is pinned down with no means of escape.

"Rosalie!" Cedric cries. Rosalie sees Death and she is quick to send a brilliant blast at the plant life and Cedric wriggles free. Rosalie is quick to help him up grabbing his hand and pulling him back onto his feet.

The pair take deep breaths not knowing what to do for a moment and then Cedric speaks up. "You know for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me."

"For a moment so did I." Rosalie whispers. She wasn't afraid to tell him the truth but, her heroism kicked in and she couldn't ignore it. 

And had Niklaus seen what his daughter had done he would have instantly told her that, Lily would have done the same thing. "Some game huh?" Cedric questions.

"Some game." Rosalie sighs. The two walk towards the cup and stare at it.

The wind starts blowing again. Rosalie covers her eyes as debris flies their way. The two put their back to the wind and stare at the illuminated cup. "Go. Take it, you saved me!" Cedric says. Rosalie shakes her head. God damn Hufflepuff's, she thought to herself. 

"We do it together, on three. Show school unity. Show them we are here to work together not against." Rosalie says. Cedric smiles liking the idea and nods. "One, two, three!"

The two grab it and are transported in front of the school. The crowd all cheer, triumphant music starts to play. Rosalie and Cedric hold the cup up high, grins on their faces. Rosalie sees Amos and her family run to them.

The two put the cup down and run to their respective family. Niklaus gathering his daughter in a tight hug as he laughs joyously.  

"Oh I'm so happy you are safe. I love you so much Princess," Niklaus whispers to his daughter. The twins jumping and clapping for their friend. Happy she was perfectly fine.

Tom stood waiting for his chance to take her from her father and when the chance came, he held her tightly, breathing in her scent. "I love you." Tom whispered into her ear. Rosalie smiled and snuggled into his chest. 

"Here are your winners!" Dumbledore cried out. Rosalie got out of Tom's hug and walked over to Cedric.

The two take the cup once more and lift it into the air. Smiles on their faces. They had done it; they had won it together. They helped each other and made it easier for the other when it came to the different tasks. And they would always help each other now. Because.

They had won for Hogwarts.