Chapter Eleven

Two weeks passed and a great buzzing queue of students -- Third Years and older -- each clutching a permission form -- pass by a glowering Filch

"Remember! These visits to Hogsmeade Village are a privilege. Should your behaviour reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again." McGonagall started when Rosalie approached her, the permission slip signed by her dad.

And before Rosalie could say a thing McGonagall spoke. "No permission form. No visiting the Village. That's the rule, Potter."

"Professor, if you let me just speak." Rosalie started again but the older woman stopped her.

"A parent or guardian must sign, and since I am neither, it would be inappropriate." McGonagall said and a flicker of pity appears on her face. "I'm sorry, Potter. But that's my final word."

Rosalie watches her walk away as she clinches the form in her hand. "I have it signed." She stated.

"Forging a signature I cannot allow." McGonagall finishes and leaves.

Ronald and Hermione watched Rosalie expectantly from across the way. She shakes her head and walks inside.

"So no Hogsmeade, eh?" Remus questions.

Rosalie sighs and nods. "She thought I forged my dads signature." Rosalie scoffed.

"Well, don't feel too bad. I was roundly disappointed the first time I went." Remus said trying to cheer the girl up, but she simply sighed.

"Dad was going to see me there." Rosalie stated. Remus sighed now understanding.

"Oh Rosalie." He whispered.

"It's fine," Rosalie answered. We were meant to meet at The Shrieking Shack, which, according to Hermione, is the most severely haunted building in Britain." Rosalie said with a raised eyebrow to Remus who coughed.

"Yes, that too..." Remus said as Rosalie giggled.

"Professor, can I ask you something?" Rosalie asked. "When I faced the Boggart at first, I did think of Voldemort first. But then, I remembered I'm more afraid of my dad leaving me and someone breaking my heart. And yet it couldn't decide so it decided to embarrass me." Rosalie started. "I'm not sure why it didn't see that is my mind more protected because of what I am?"

"Well. I believe so, from what your father told myself and the others, it's hard to compel them, you can't unless another Original does it. So I think because of you being a witch, vampire, and wolf, it protected your deepest fears." Remus answered.

Rosalie hummed understanding. They had tried to see if she could have been compelled but seeing as nothing happened, they believed that her mind was completely protected. Which delighted her dad.

"The first time I saw you, Rosalie, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar. By your eyes. They're your mother Lily's." Remus said, as a smile slid onto her face. "She was there for me at a time when no one else was. We used to talk for hours. She was not only a singularly gifted witch but an uncommonly kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty in whoever she met, even -- and perhaps most especially -- when that person couldn't see it in themselves..." He said his eyes glazed in memory, then he blinks, smiles.