Chapter Fourteen

In the library, Rosalie, Fred, George, and Tom were trying to find a way for Rosalie to be able to breathe underwater

In the library, Rosalie, Fred, George, and Tom were trying to find a way for Rosalie to be able to breathe underwater. It was not looking too good for them.

"Rosalie, tell us again." George said as he pulled a book off the shelf.

"Come seek us where our voices sound." Rosalie started. "Which would mean the black lake." Rosalie answered as the twins and Tom nodded. "An hour long you'll have to look." She stated.

"You'll need to be able to breathe and you've asked your dad, and vampire's can't survive without needing to breathe." Tom stated. "So we need something that is easy to do that can help you underwater."

Moody appears in the doorway. "Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor Snape would like to see you in his office. Not you Potter, Weasley, just Slytherin."

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and..." Fred said trying to keep Tom around seeing as he knows more spells then the three of them put together.

Rosalie thought about asking Death but, he had been trying to keep her safe from Dumbledore's influence.

"Exactly. Presumably, Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go. Now! Longbottom!" Moody called out as he escorted Tom out. Neville appears from behind a bookcase. "Why don't you help Potter put her books back."

"You know, if you're interested in plants, you'd be better with Gorshok's Guide to Herbology. Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal whose growing gravity resistant trees?" Neville stated as he smiled.

Rosalie looked at the boy and wondered. She was about to ask until George spoke up.

"Neville. No offense, but we really don't care about plants. Now if there's a Tibetan turnip that will allow her to breathe underwater for an hour then great."

"Actually Neville, is there something that could help me?" Rosalie asked looking at the boy.

"I don't know about a turnip, but you can always use Gilliweed." Neville stated. 

With the next competition happening, the Weasley twins were walking a head shouting, busy taking bets. Rosalie is walking along with Neville; she has some green plant life in her hand.

"You're sure about this Neville." Rosalie said as she and Neville watched the twins.

"Absolutely." Neville responded.

"For an hour." Rosalie continued.

"Most likely." Neville said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Most likely?" Rosalie questioned pursing her lips.

"Well there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of freshwater versus saltwater." Neville stated.

"You're telling me this now? You must be joking." Rosalie said looking at the boy.

"I just wanted to help." Neville whispered.

Rosalie sighed before frowning. "You know what, thank you, you are really a great friend for doing this Neville." Rosalie stated as she pulled the boy into a surprising hug. The boy made a noise but hugged her back.

"Your welcome Rosalie." Neville stated.

"My friend's call me Rose or Rosie." Rosalie stated poking the boy in the chest.

When they got onto the boats and glided across the lake. They heard Dumbledore speaking. "Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface." He stated.

Rosalie instantly knew. Tom would never have left her alone on the second task. He was her greatest treasure.

"Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own." Dumbledore finished. 

"Put that in your mouth." Moody orders the girl. Rosalie growls softly and shoves it in her mouth. She swallows the weed.

"You may begin at the start of the cannon." Dumbledore calls out. The cannon fires and the champions enter the water, three of them dive in while Rosalie is pushed. Underwater the effects of the Gilliweed take hold, Rosalie's hands and feet become webbed. Rosalie smiles and swims among the fish and rocks.

Rosalie is still searching around. She hears muffled screams. But she doesn't turn around when she finds Tom, Hermione, Cho Chang, and a blonde girl from Beauxbatons tied in place by their ankles. Cedric is there, he takes Cho with him. But before he leaves, he points to his watch. Rosalie nods and sets about freeing Tom.

What looks like a shark approaches at high speed. Rosalie sees that it has legs and it's Viktor. He takes Hermione and heads for the surface. Rosalie frees Tom.

Rosalie looks over and sees the blonde girl that Fleur was unable to rescue. She loosens her rope too and starts heading for the surface with the both of them. As they were halfway there, she is attacked and gets held down, she pushes Tom and the girl towards the surface.

When Tom and the girl come up; they are coughing but safe. They're helped out of the water by Fleur from Beauxbatons. Underwater Rosalie lets her Hybrid face break through, and she growls viciously at the Grindylow the tiny creature shrieks in fear and lets her go.

Rosalie finally breaks through the surface and swims to the dock. Tom pulls her out of the water and holds her tightly. The pair shivering as blankets and towels are draped over them.

"I want all the judges over here now." Rosalie hears Dumbledore say as her and Tom snuggle closer. Her teeth chattering, and hair sticking to her face.

"I hate this." She whispers.

"I do as well." Tom answers. His head resting on top of hers.

Suddenly Fleur approaches her. "You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!" Fleur cries out as she pulls Rosalie into a hug. "Thank you! And you..." Fleur starts looking to Tom who looks to her curiously. "You helped!"

"Well... yes..." Tom responded as he pulled Rosalie back to him. Her werewolf side heating them up.

"Thank you." Fleur says and leaves the pair alone, so she was with her sister, holding her tightly.

"I finished last Tom." Rosalie whispered.

"Next to last." Tom answered back.

"Attention! Attention! The winner is... Mr Diggory!" Dumbledore cried out as Cedric and his friends cheer. Cho Chang kissing him on the lips.

"For showing unique command of the bubblehead shark. The way I see it, Miss Potter would have finished first had it not been for her determination to rescue not only Mr Slytherin but the others as well. We've agreed to award her second place! For outstanding moral fibre." Dumbledore finishes.

Rosalie sighs. She didn't care about this stupid tournament. She really wished she weren't in it. Tom too wished she weren't apart of the tournament. But he had a feeling it had to do with his followers.

Wait till they find out he's alive.