Chapter Fourteen

The following night, dressed in a satin green dress, her hair held in an elegant bun with two pieces of curled hair framing her face, silver stilettos adorning her feet, and minimal make up on her face

The following night, dressed in a satin green dress, her hair held in an elegant bun with two pieces of curled hair framing her face, silver stilettos adorning her feet, and minimal make up on her face. Rosalie walked arm in arm with Tom, who was dressed in his finest suit, a robe over his clothes. Behind them was Neville and Luna, and then Jeremy holding up the rear, his eyes scanning the area.

Luna was decked out in a set of spangled silver robes, and Neville, in basic black, Jeremy had elected to wear a black suit with a red tie, and some robes to help him blend. All five of them were stunning as they made their way down the hall. They could hear the festive music playing as red lanterns lit their path. Luna smiled happily as she skipped next to Neville.

"I've never been to this part of the castle." Luna stated. "At least not while awake. I sleepwalk you see. It's why I wear shoes to bed." Luna finishes. Rosalie smiles to her friend.

Walking inside, Rosalie is instantly swept away from her husband and is standing with Slughorn, smiling painfully at the photographer. The ceiling and walls are draped with hangings of emerald, crimson, and gold, so the room feels like a tent... or the inside of a gift box. It was loud and packed with humans.

Slughorn smiles. "Thank you Adrian!" Slughorn thanks to man, who smiles and starts to walk away. Slughorn leans down and whispers. "One of mine. Class of '78. I had hoped for more out of him, but at least the pictures are in focus." Suddenly the man looks away. "Oh my! Excuse me, Rosalie. I must greet the new minister of magical transportation. Class of '67." Slughorn says. "Mingle my girl! Mingle. We're all friends here. And we run the world."

Rosalie watches the walrus of the man walk away; her face scrunched with disgust. Rolling her eyes she glided over to her friends. "Merlin forbid if he drags me away again I'll drain him of his life." Rosalie growled. 

Tom smirked as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "And we know that will be the only great source of entertainment." He whispered in her ear. "Come wife, lets dance." Tom said to her as he pulled her out onto the floor, the soft music letting them glide easily across the floor. Neville and Luna joined the pair on the floor, followed by Jeremy who managed to whisk one of the guests out onto the floor.

With all three couples dancing, others begun to join, what they hadn't realised was the red faced Slughorn watching them take over the party. He hadn't wanted dancing he wanted people to mingle, to talk with each other, not dance.

After some time, Tom and Rosalie walked off the dance floor, smiles of happiness on their faces. "Severus, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Tom asked as Severus Snape approached his Lord and Lady.

"I have come to deliver a message." He answers.

"From whom?" Rosalie questions.

"From Professor Dumbledore." Snape spat. Annoyed with the old goat. "He asked that I give you his best and that he hopes you enjoy your holiday. You see, he's traveling and won't return until term resumes." Snape finishes.

Rosalie rolls her eyes. "Do you know where?" She asked. She had a feeling she knew what the old man was up to, and she wasn't too happy that the old man thought he could still destroy Tom. 

Snape merely stares silently at her, briefly, as he was unsure what the old goat was planning or where he was going, as he was about to answer they're focus is moved to the doors. "Take you hands off me, you filthy squib!" They hear Draco cry.

"Professor Slughorn, sir!" Filch calls out. "I've just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party." Filch starts.

Blinking Rosalie steps forward a smile on her face. "Draco dear, thank you so much for coming." Rosalie greets as she takes his hands and kisses his cheeks in greeting. Draco's form relaxes as Rosalie comes to his rescue. "I'm so sorry Professor Slughorn, see I invited Heir Malfoy to the party as his father and my husband are doing work together in the Ministry and I just couldn't leave out this dashing man. He has been a great help in many of their business ventures." Rosalie explained.

"No matter, please Heir Malfoy enjoy the party." Professor Slughorn said a shine in his eyes. Draco nodded his thanks before following along with Rosalie. 

"Thank you my lady." Draco thanks as they reach her small group. He bows his head to Tom in greeting.

"No worries dear Draco, you've been a help to me, so I'll be of help to you now. But the question in dear Draco, what are you doing here?" Rosalie asked as she took a glass from a waiter and sent them on their way.

"There is a cupboard, like a doorway from one place to another, I was asked to fix it." Draco states.

"And who asked?" Tom asked the boy. 

Draco halted; his face unsure. "I, I don't remember." He answers, his eyes filled with confusion. "I just know that I need to do it."

Rosalie and Tom share a look before deciding to continue with their night, assure Draco that they would find out what is going on.

Luna watched from her place as Draco mingled with others, her eyes sparkling under the light, a glint in the soft hues. 'Mistress,' a voice whispered to her.

"All will be well," Luna whispered before speaking away and over to Neville the boy checking her over. A calm washing over them as he now knew she was safe. 

Rosalie turned to Luna and the two smiled knowingly, before acting as though nothing was going on. Rosalie smiled gently as she felt safe with both Tom and Jeremy by her side. Two men she loved dearly. Leaning her head on Tom's shoulder she closed her eyes and inhaled his scent. Jeremy's hand coming to hold her left hand.

Tom smiled down at his wife and snuck in a quick kiss to her lips as they mingled with others. The pair making way for their plans as they won over everyone around them.

They were one step closer to winning. 

One step closer to ruling the magical world.