Chapter Eight

Rosalie and Jeremy take their places at the Gryffindor table, everyone around them avoiding Rosalie, remembering her face

Rosalie and Jeremy take their places at the Gryffindor table, everyone around them avoiding Rosalie, remembering her face. The only one brave enough was Neville Longbottom who took a seat on her left. "Hello Neville, how are you?" Rosalie says smiling light at her god-brother.

"I'm well, and you?" Neville asks her grinning.

"I'm well, but I must tell you what happened over the holidays that lead to me having this boy next to me." Rosalie says to him. Neville nodded smiling. When the food arrived Rosalie chatted with Jeremy and Neville happily, Neville telling both Rosalie and Jeremy about the new plant he had obtained.

With the feast over everyone turned to the front of the Hall as the light begins to gently dim and all eyes turn to Dumbledore, standing at the to of the Hall, ashen hand raised to the enchanted ceiling, where clouds respond to his gestures and shroud a gleaming full moon.

"What's happened to his hand?" Rosalie hears Granger question, the weasel and Granger sitting in front of herself and Jeremy.

"The very best of evenings to you! First off, please join me in welcoming the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn!" Dumbledore says, his voice clear and loud.

Mild applause ensues. Rosalie claps perfunctorily her eyes drifting to the entrance of the Hall as a air of Aurors station themselves just outside.

"Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post of Potions Master. Meanwhile the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts will be assumed by Professor Snape." Dumbledore states. This is greeted by stunned silence, until Rosalie begins clapping, others following her example. Dumbledore looked on in shock at the girl, he had thought the years of hatred from the man would have her hate him, refuse to acknowledge Snape.

Dumbledore clears his throat. "Now, as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival tonight. You have a right to know why." Dumbledore says and Rosalie instantly knows.

Groaning loudly Rosalie looked to the old man only to see everyone's eyes staring at her. "When will you understand that Voldemort is not back." Rosalie says loudly. "Stop trying to shove it down our throats. I never claimed he was back." Rosalie claims loudly. "And if you think of calling my husband Voldemort, you will be in strife."

Dumbledore watches the girl, why, why was she fighting back. No he knew why, the goblins got her to do the inheritance test. She found her monster of a father, her monster of a family. She was meant to be malleable. And here she was fighting him. 

Dumbledore cleared his throat. "Now, off to bed. Pip, pip!" Dumbledore says not wanting to speak. Getting up from her spot Rosalie left the Hall with Jeremy close to her and Neville not far from her.

"He's going to be meddlesome isn't he?" Jeremy questions Rosalie as she guides them to the portrait that would take them to the Gryffindor common room. Jeremy looked at all the moving portraits as they greeted them all.