Chapter Sixteen

The Castle glows with festive lights, Rebekah getting into the Christmas spirit, having wanted to decorate the house happily

The Castle glows with festive lights, Rebekah getting into the Christmas spirit, having wanted to decorate the house happily. Of course she had the elves do the work while she delegated. Her father had taken to try and find her the best Christmas present seeing as this is her first Christmas home. Elijah decided to decorate the inside, knowing how Rebekah would be, overboard, so he decorated the sitting room, already filled to the brim with presents. Kol, George, and Fred well, they were planning dinner, and lunch and dessert. Now,Remus and Sirius, well no one knew what those two were planning but they had aninkling that those two were actually helping Niklaus with his present toRosalie, those two joining in on the present.

Thankfully they would be celebrating Yule as well with the Malfoy's and Neville. They wanted to celebrate their roots as well. And none of the Mikaelson's wanted to force those of the old ways to celebrate the Christian holiday. Considering the Mikaelson's did celebrate Yule many, many, many years ago.

As soon as Rosalie, Tom and Jeremy walked into the home, Fred and George handed them cups of steaming nog. Plates of food floated passed, the elves running around getting the stately home ready for the festivities.

"I see you lot haven't wasted any time." Rosalie states with a smirk. Tom sipping his drink taking her drink from her, as he tasted the alcohol. 

"Sweetheart!" Niklaus called out jumping from the top landing and going to his daughter. Rosalie grinned and ran over to her father hugging him as he lifted her up and spun her around. "Come, I'll show you what we have prepared for Yule." Niklaus said, pulling his daughter to the cleansed room.

Inside the room Rosalie and Tom saw the alter. The altar was set perfectly, Rosalie smiled as the information she had learnt from Tom came to mind. Their alter was set to honour the return of the sun. A golden candle sat perfectly in the middle. Surrounding the candle was objects that Elijah had found from around the forest, even going as far as to collect from the grounds of Salem. Surrounding it was pinecones and berries. And she could smell the cleansed air the family using both sweetgrass and sage. Hanging on the wall was a wreath made of evergreen boughs representing the continuity of life.

"We've also got our other candles over here." Niklaus said to his daughter. Rosalie looked and saw one large pillar candle, a glass cloche, and golden crystals to represent the sun. And a candle for everyone to hold when they hold their lit candle. Rosalie couldn't wait for everyone to offer gratitude to the warmth and light of the sun.

"I can't wait now!" Rosalie squealed softly.

The three left the room only to come face to face with Jeremy cover in colourful splotches of green and red in different shades. "What happened?" Tom asked.

Jeremy's eyes twitched. "Fred, Kol, and George decided it would be fun to set off some pranks around me." He answered, annoyance in his eyes.

Rosalie giggled before waving her hand and Jeremy was cleaned of the Christmas colours. "Better?" She asked. 

"Much better my Mistress." Jeremy said with a smirk on his face. Rosalie shook her head as Jeremy kissed her cheek.

"Would Missy Rosa like Dobby to take your bags?" Dobby asked popping into the room.

"Yes please, just put all of them into my room Dobby." Rosalie said smiling at the house elf she had freed from the Malfoy's. "Oh and Dobby just so you know the Malfoy's will be joining us for Yule, so be prepared to hide if you wish not to face them just yet." She said to him. Dobby nodded before poofing away from the room. 

"Now, I'm starved, I would kill for some cookies or even some blood, Oooooh maybe some blood cookies." Rosalie muttered before making her way to the kitchens for a snack.

Following the girl, they stepped into the kitchen seeing her actually putting blood on the cookies. Tom walked over and joined his wife in eating the blood cookies. "This is actually surprisingly good." Tom said. He too now eating the blood cookies.

At that moment, Bellatrix skipped into the room a bright smile on her face. The woman had been gone for almost a year. Having wanted to explore the world, of course under a spell to hide her appearance. "Welcome home my lord and lady!" Bellatrix cried as she saw them. 

"Hi Bella." Rosalie greeted. Smiling with some blood dribbling down from the corner of her mouth. Jeremy smirked and licked the blood from her face, Rosalie giggled as Jeremy then kissed her cheek.

"Now what's happening here?" Bellatrix asked.

"Oh, this is Jeremy my Death guard, I now have two men all to myself." Rosalie said with a smirk.

Bellatrix blinked and then cackled loudly. "Oh this is just to good!" She laughed. "Oh, I wish I had what you had." Bellatrix whispered; her eyes dreamy. 

"You have no idea." Rosalie whispered, biting her lip. Remembering the night before.

"Lets not talk about my daughters sex life." Niklaus said his eyebrow twitching in annoyance. Rosalie giggled softly as she covered her mouth.

"Sorry dad." Rosalie stated. "Oh I need everyone in the dinning room right away." Rosalie said a smile on her face. Niklaus nodded confused.

Tom and Jeremy smiled before following Rosalie into the dinning room. And five minutes later everyone entered the room. Fred, George and Kol grinning. Niklaus and Elijah with their arms crossed waiting for Rosalie to tell them what was going on. Remus and Sirius sitting at the table waiting patiently. Rebekah and Bellatrix well those two were holding hands and grinning after their little catch up.

Rosalie raised an eyebrow at those two, she knew instantly that those two were together.

Shaking her head Rosalie looked over her family. Taking a deep breath in she spoke up. "Okay so I have a big announcement to make, by August we will have a little Riddle joining our family." Rosalie announced smiling.

In a second Rebekah and Bellatrix squealed excitement coming from them. Sirius and Remus blinked before smiling even brighter running over to the couple and hugging them. Fred, George, and Kol jumped up and down happily. Elijah smiled and walked over congratulating the two and Niklaus was frozen.

He was going to be a grandfather. An actual grandfather. Smiling he walked over to his daughter and hugged her tightly. "I'm so happy for you sweetie." He whispered. "And I know your mother and father would be excited to hear the news."

Rosalie smiled as she felt the love around her. Although James and Lily weren't with them she was happy to have a family like this surrounding her.