23. 𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫?

Kayla's POV

"no effing way" Kiara yelled. John B had brought Sarah today to meet the Pogues. in my opinion it didn't really go all that well.

"you brought her here? so what, she's in on this now?" kie asked john B angrily. I sat on JJ's lap. JJ, Pope and I low-key enjoying the show. "look all I care is that her share comes out of your cut" JJ said to John B.

Third person POV

Kiara ignored JJ's comment and continued "this is our thing, a pogue thing" she said. Pope decided to add his own opinion in on it as well. "I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all this." Kayla just stayed quiet, she didn't exactly know which side to choose, choosing isn't something she really enjoys. clearly.

"thank you" Kiara said, "when are you not?" John B asked Pope. "I dunno, I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably" Pope said making Kayla slowly turn around and look at JJ with scrunched eyebrows. "true, most relaxed I've ever seen him" JJ added.

"that's cute guys" John B said sarcastically. they continued saying things about Sarah. and clearly she had had enough "stop talking about me like I'm not here" Sarah yelled. "then leave!" Kiara yelled back.

"I told you" Sarah told John B. "What did you tell him exactly, that you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit-talking Bitch" Sarah said, making the crowd go wild. JJ and Pope placed their bets on which girl would win and were exchanging money with Kayla laughing crazily. "Everybody shut up!" John B yelled making everyone go quiet.

"Kayla's my sister, kie you're my best friend. I will never choose between the two of yall. just like that kie you're my best friend and Sarah is my....." John B looked at Sarah smiling.

"say it"

"Sarah you're my girlfriend" John B looked at her happily. Kayla could see the love in their eyes. she slowly lied her head on JJ's chest and he kissed her head. "oh that's new" Pope said.

Cute moment gone and back to the fighting.

"look Cut the bullshit John B. If she's in I'm out" Kiara said. making Kayla widen her eyes, She knew something was going to come up. shit.

"I'm not doing this kie" John B said. "no I'm very interested actually, is it me or her?" Kiara asked. "both"

and the side commenting began "OOOOOOH" Pope exclaimed. JJ whistled, "went for the hail Mary!" and "Kiara come on just let Sarah come into this, don't make this such a big deal." Kayla said trying to calm her friend down.

"easy for you to say, you were the one dating her brother, or are you still with him? Oh no did they not know" Kiara did Kayla dirty and walked off.

everyone went quiet. "what's she talking about?" JJ asked laughing but the tension was so much he stopped when he realized it was serious. Kayla ran off the scene and JJ stood up and chased behind her.

"I'm gonna leave" Sarah said. "don't" John B tried to make her stay. "y'all chat and let me know" she said.

(Note: listen to that while reading the rest to get the "vibe")

Kayla's POV

I ran away. what do I do? why didn't I tell them sooner?

Kiara definitely didn't mean to hurt me this much she was just angry

l kept telling myself, tears spilling down my cheeks. I wiped them off and slowed down the running. I held my head "what do I do?" I cried.

"Kayla"

JJ caught up to me, no. I'm not ready, what do I say. "Is it true?" JJ asked I could hear how hurt he was from his voice. "JJ I'm sorry. i wanted to tell you" I knew his heart shattered.

I couldn't help but start to tear even more "when? how long?" he asked. " it was last year and... and I was new to the kook side and we were.... together for around 8 months." i said stuttering. he just stood there. "JJ I'm sorry I didn't tell you"

silence.

"So are you still with him?"
"no no no no I'm not, I've just met him a couple times but no. we are just friends now JJ, forgive me. I'm sorry" I said moving closer to him. I wanted to hear something from him besides these questions but then I thought it'd be better if I didn't.

He took a deep breath and I could tell he was angry. "Kayla! this is Rafe for Christ's sake, you know how many times he has done shit to us. how much he hates us and how fucking psycho he is and you still chose to be with him? you still chose to be with him. and even better! Not tell me? yeah yeah sure 'its done now' you say BUT you still meet him, you still talk to him! after all the times he did that crap to us." he yelled all at once.

i deserved it. but he doesn't know the other side of Rafe, if circumstances were different I would've fought for Rafe when he was being degraded like this but I couldnt. Rafe can be good but I gave up on him and the only thing I did wrong here was not telling them this before.

"What's wrong with you! I can't believe I thought you were a good one here." he continued laughing hurting inside "I was finally happy to see someone like you but I should've known" he scoffed, "you're probably just as psycho as he is"

he moved closer to me in anger "Why didnt you tell me?!" he yelled in question. He was so angry he couldnt stop repeating the same thing over and over again he was drowned in confusion and .....anger. "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" He stopped and looked me in the eye.

"I didn't tell you because I was afraid, I was afraid of THIS! I was afraid you would leave me. and yes yes I was in love with rafe for awhile I truly was.. but I found out what a jerk he could be and he hurt me more than he did to any of you. I knew I'd never find someone new. But you, you were the most perfect person I knew and I was falling hard. I love you JJ ! You!"

I teared more and more with every word. "and I am so so truly sorry and I know nothing is going to go back to normal. but just forgive me." I looked into his eyes and he stayed quiet. I slowly turned the other side and walked away cause I didnt want to get even more hurt. I didn't need to hear what he had to say cuz I was done with my part.

+++++

about 10 minutes later I reached home. broken.

"Kayla"

I turned back to meet JJ's eyes. when he smashed his lips onto mine. at first I was shocked but slowly I gave in. our lips synching with each other. I forgot every problem we had and was lost in the moment. he held my face and I slowly moved my hands around his neck.

he pulled away and looked at me "I love you too princess" he smiled and i hugged him tight.

"but we still have to have this conversation with less yelling and crying okay" he said keeping his chin on the top of my head still hugging me.

I think I finally chose

authors note

no no its not done. for you Rayla fans, there is hope.