2. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

Third persons POV

The sun shone through the curtains right onto kayla's eyes as she groaned to check her phone and make sure she wasn't late. "JJ...we have school today" she said when she turned towards him and his eyes were slightly opened. He just admired her and closed his eyes again when he looked at her waist on the edge a scar.

He slowly placed his hand on it "I've always wanted to ask you from where you got it"

Flashback

"C'mon Kayla please just jump with me" Rafe said. "No I am not jumping into a pool from this roof!" Kayla said extremely afraid of heights. "Please kay" rafe said trying to look cute enough to make her agree.
"This is going to be fun trust me" he said carrying her bridal style and moving to the edge of the roof. Where people started chanting "jump! Jump! Jump!" Kayla looked at Rafe and squinted her eyes. "Dont. You. Dare"

"Okay okay" he said putting her back down and holding her hand and he smiled. "Oops" he said jumping pulling her hand with him and she didn't have the smoothest landing. Right on the edge of the pool a small broken tile scraped the edge of her waist. 

Rafe was having the time of his life until he realized kayla was holding her hip wincing. "Kay? What happened." Rafe said afraid of what he did. "I'm fine" kayla said annoyed that Rafe just did that. She tried to get up and leave but it hurt her alot.

"Hey hey hey no let me help" Kayla really wanted to refuse his help but she didn't have a choice so he took her out of the pool and all the people around went back to their partying. She stood limping with her hand around Rafe's neck. While his hands gave her a good grip to walk.

"I hate you so much right now" kayla said as he carried her into the car and drove to the Camerons house. "You're okay right, you're okay. I didn't hurt you. I didn't" Rafe started  hyperventilating. "I'm fine rafe calm down" kayla said knowing he gets panicked over the slightest thing which Rose used to say was something wrong with him since he was small. Kayla didn't see it like that. She thought he was caring in his own weird way. Atleast to her.

He helped her up to his room and went to get a first aid box. She winced in deep breaths when he came back with it. "Hey rafe you did a dumb thing but I'm okay" she said looking at him his face barely showing any emotion but just taking out the betadine and cotton wool out to clean the wound. "Ahhh" kayla winced again and Rafe dropped the cotton wool. "No I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didnt want to hurt you" he said moving away.

"No no rafe I'm fine just cover it up I'm fine" kayla calmed him again. He slowly covered the wound. "Kay.....I should've listened to you. I didn't think you would get hurt" he said looking down.

"You should've listened to me but not gonna lie the wound was worth it okay" I hugged him. He calmed down and went back to being himself. Kayla always calmed him down.  " I love you" he smiled while his head was resting on the crook of her neck. "I love you too" she replied. "That's probably gonna scar" he said looking at the now bandaged wound.