16. 𝐖𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫

Sorry for not posting guys, I was so busy and I also was trying to brainstorm how to make this chapter better because I don't like it, I couldn't think of anything so it's still pretty bad.

____________

"Hello dear have you seen my son out here? He was supposed to come home today but he never showed up" an old lady spoke to me. I looked around in confusion not knowing who or what she was talking about. "oh never mind I might be just overthinking it, sorry to bother you" She said walking off slowly pass the bar where Rafe and I used to go to.

Suddenly she began screaming as she looked down the dark alley, I was scared for her and I began to run towards where she was to see what had happened. There lied the body of the man I killed. With no matter for human life and no thought of the after effects I had left. On the floor with a knife still in his body as I looked around, I noticed people walking past the scene as if nothing was happening.

Only the old lady and I saw the body lying there. "that's him! That's my son. Someone call an ambulance. Someone call his wife" She began crying even louder. I wanted to help her I really did and as I bent next to her while she cried for her loss, she looked at me with her tear-filled eyes. "You did this!" she cried.

"You killed my son!" she said and with each word it began hurting me more as if I actually felt guilty. When I did commit this murder, it was nothing. I didn't care whatsoever but now it was as if everything I was doing was falling back into me head and I didn't know how to stop it.

She sat up finally as if she was saved from her horrible nightmare. She looked to her side and saw a sleeping Rafe and she touched him slowly so she knew it was all over. After she thought JJ died, she changed so much that nothing ever hurt her but now it was as if there were two personalities in her fighting to choose one. She knew JJ was alive now and that helped her become more of her old self but it wasn't good. Of course, the old Kayla was so sweet and nice but trying to change so suddenly hurt her a lot more.

She didn't even know who she was anymore. Kayla looked at the time and knew that in about an hour Rafe will wake up aswell and she didn't want to bother him so she slowly stood up. Remembering she was only wearing Rafe's T-shirt from last night went and showered and changed to a hoodie and shorts. Leaving the hotel, she texted the boy.

kay💞

I'm going to go out for a while, maybe just a small walk to think a little. I'll be back as soon as I can, Love you.

She didn't know where she was going or where she wanted to go but she just walked as far as her legs took her and until she realized she would want to go back to the hotel. She reached a more lonelier side than the big city almost like the place Rafe took her for her training. A stream of water hitting the rocks below the road caught her eye. It calmed her to look at it so she went away from the road to the small stream and the rocks beside and sat their just enjoying the environment. Away stood a boy throwing rocks onto the water and she noticed him the same time he noticed her. JJ looked at her in confusion and she at him. Walking towards where she sat he spoke. "are you stalking me?" He asked and she laughed, "I was about to ask you the same, since you literally did before" He rolled his eyes.

"I wanted to come back after you told me about Rafe, I wanted to tell you that I really don't care about him Kayla. You're mine and I will get you fair and square." He said both of them looking at the waterbodies in front of them. "I'm not the same person anymore J" She said and he looked at her. "I love you for whoever you are Kayla, I just need you to leave Rafe and you and I will have the best life ever" He smiled. "How are you planning on getting me back?" Kayla asked curiously and JJ scratched the back of his neck.

"well, uhhhhhh...I haven't exactly got the perfect plan yet. even though all my plans are like really great" Kayla smiled at his answer. "hmm yeah you come up with the best plans" She retorted sarcastically. "what's that supposed to mean?" He said and she just laughed in response. She was too calm with the surrounding to begin questioning him on everything she had in her heart. how he met thea? was she really the one who did this? where the rest of the pogues were? how he found them so fast? where they had been for the past months? How John B, Kiara, Pope and Sarah were doing?

Out of all the questions she had in her head she only wanted one to be answered at that moment. "how are the pogues?" she asked and he replied. "we've been better" he replies and she nodded, "did y'all miss me ever?" she asked again. "are you kidding me kayla? I couldn't go a minute without thinking about you. Them too for sure, nothing was the same." He said. "I was waiting too see you for the longest time and... your reaction wasn't what I was hoping it would be" He added and instantly Kayla felt a shiver of guilt.

If she had been in that position she would've been so hurt but JJ kept holding himself up as if it wasn't such a big deal. "I'm sorry" She said and her hand fell on his. the both looked at each other for the longest time and Kayla went in for a hug. Neither of them letting go they stayed like that for a while. "It's okay" JJ smiled. "but for real were you stalking me?" He asked again and Kayla pulled away from the hug. "I wasn't but you can believe whatever you want." she said shaking her head.

"come, I want to show you the other side" he said standing up and so she did too with confusion but curiosity as to where he was taking her. As the both of them balanced down rocks on the stream jumping from one dry surface to another she followed JJ to a corner from where the stream went lower an amazing view of where the water slowly becomes the tiniest water fall surrounded by trees buried in flowers and fruit. "this is so pretty!" Kayla exclaimed and JJ nodded. "I know right, this place is just so calming." He said sitting under one of those trees.

She too sat next to him and as she admired her surroundings she unintentionally lay her head on his shoulder. His hands slowly moving from around her as she sat next to him getting closer the two admired the environment. "Kie would be happy if she knew you were finally appreciating the environment" Kayla said and could hear a slight chuckle escape his mouth. "she is the one that showed me this place" he added, "now I'm showing it to you" Kayla smiled.

Not realizing how long she had been out her phone began to ring, She opened her notifications to a miss call from Rafe and a text.

Rafie
You've been gone for a pretty long time kay, call me so i know you're okay please.

Kayla where are you I'll pick you up.