1. 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

Kayla's POV

Everyone you know will die one day, and by everyone I mean

Everyone.

Your mother, father, brothers and sisters and

Your friends.

It's been a few days since John B and Sarah got lost in sea, life without them even for these few days were absolutely horrifying. Everything and everyone were quiet and if you do hear something on the kook side it's only about how they think John B deserved what happened.

Being his best friend for so long and knowing the truth is not as easy as it sounds, people calling us names and assuming we are capable of murder aswell was heart shattering, John B didn't deserve all of the hate he got but he got them anyway all because ward had to save Rafe Cameron's ass.

2003 2020
John B Routledge
• P 4 L •

JJ, Kie, Pope and I might've been the only ones who wanted to give John B some sort of memorial in the entire obx but we did it anyway. "To John B" JJ said lifting up his flask. "And sarah" I said looking at the box kiara held with Sarah's things.

Kie left to the wreck and pope to help out heyward while JJ and I sat in chateau. "Do you really think they're alive?" I asked while my boyfriend was trying to tat the words 'P4L' on his leg. "I think so...I have hope" he added looking up at me.

I looked at the time and remembered grams asking me to come to peterkin's funeral

I looked at the time and remembered grams asking me to come to peterkin's funeral. All the kooks were going and I promised her so I didnt have a choice "damn it" I said getting up to leave. "Princess where you going?" JJ said pulling me next to him. "Grams said I have to go with them for peterkin's funeral. I really don't want to see the kooks talking about how they think John B killed her infront of me" I complained.

"Then don't go" JJ said simply "that's a great idea JJ but grandpa made me promise" I said pecking his lips leaving the chateau.

+++++

I put on a simple black outfit while grams yelled at me for getting late and ran downstairs. We reached the graveyard. Cops surrounding the place in full uniforms I held my head down while walking in knowing that people were talking about John B. Rafe stood there clenching his jaw, pretending as if he was innocent here when we all knew he was the real reason peterkin was gone and whether he meant to kill her or not at this point wasn't even my worry.

"Let us honor her bravery and line of duty, through her memory let us honor what is right"

My real worry was if he is going to continue going this way in life. He stood there with wheezie, ward and rose. They had been grieving their daughter's and sister's death.

"We shall remember to uphold the idea of what she stood for" And with those words I stared at ward Cameron and his son the liars here who were never really honouring her memory but knowing they wouldn't get caught of their shit only because of her...

And with those words I stared at ward Cameron and his son the liars here who were never really honouring her memory but knowing they wouldn't get caught of their shit only because of her death.

After burying her casket and saying our goodbyes we all walked towards our vehicles when Rafe stopped me, my grandparents going on. "Hey...kay" he said in his usual tone. "I didn't mean for any of this you know that right?" He added. "Stop talking to me Rafe" I said walking away. "No no don't go" he said and as much as it pained me to walk away, I did.

I changed and left for the wreck. For the last couple days I missed alot of shifts but Mr. Carerra was nice enough to let me make up for it by taking the night shifts aswell. I stayed there when kiara and pope came in. Kiara not muttering a word but just going into the kitchen as I looked at pope with my eyebrows scrunched up. "She is at it again" I waited for him to explain further because I was just confused at the point.

"Spray painted the walls of the cameron house, rafe stood there like a psycho. He is gonna kill us one of these days for sure" pope said looking at kiara who was obviously still grieving the death of her friends except in a different way.

"We're definitely gonna get in trouble with how she is taking it but let her be. She is still grieving" I said finishing the last table and removing her apron and going back home.

"JJ came over " grandpa said as I passed the living room where he was watching tv. "He went upstairs" he finished. "Thanks grandpa" I said walking up the stairs and into my room.

There he was, my boyfriend on my bed facing the window peacefully. I didn't want to wake him up so I tiptoed right next to him and lied down. "I got fired" he said letting me know he was awake. Before I could question him on how or why he added to it. "The people there were saying that John B deserved it. I couldn't just wait there princess. I yelled and.... they fired me" he said as I turned towards him. Facing each other laying on the bed i smiled "and how did we get our payback?" I knew there was more to it.

"I went over all their plants" he smiled proudly

"I went over all their plants" he smiled proudly. "Atta boy" I laughed as he started laughing too. But in a few minutes it was again silence, there had barely been any laughs in the past few days. We just lay Just staring at each other both just lost in thought of what the future would be like "we've got school tomorrow" he broke the silence. "Ugh don't remind me" I said turning the other way allowing JJ to slowly lay his hands around my waist letting him be the big spoon as the both fell asleep in each others arms.