5. 𝐊𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐱'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐦

Kayla's POV

So I went back to my grandparents house to change into something new before I went for tonight's thing.

My Grandparents both knew about my friends in the cut, so They were totally fine with sending me. As long as I drop a message or let them know when I'm going to hang with the pogues they are cool.

You can't understand the outer banks without understanding the boneyard. It's kinda like a three layer burrito.

There's the people that live in the cut, the working class derelicts.

Then there are the kooks ,the rich second-homers. Mostly from poncey-ass boarding schools as John B would say,
Pogues natural enemies

But being with some Kooks for a couple years, they aren't as bad as they sound.

Then there are the tourouns. Totally clueless, here for a week on vacation with their families.

As soon as I came back from figure eight, I saw some girl reject JJ and walk away.
"Oh so this must be the so called Prince pogue" I said walking towards JJ. "The one and only" he said raising his red solo cup.

"So do you always get rejected or..." I was trying to tease him a bit. "Says, the woman who dreams about me everynight" he smirked.  "Sorry if this hurts your feelings Mr. Maybank, but I don't dream about you and I don't want to" he laughed."Kayla you just gotta stop with the lying princess, you love me. don't you?" He says filling me a beer."whatever helps you sleep at night" I finished my cup in one gulp.

"Dang! That was hot" he says filling his cup and finishing it faster than I did."ohhh that's how you wanna play it?"

slowly this turned to a drinking game. I won but he kept saying he did. "Pain in the ass" I said rolling my eyes.

Meanwhile kie was rambling on and on to some guy who definitely didn't understand a word but just wanted to talk to Kiara. Pope was talking to some girl but Pope being pope wasn't gonna take that girl anywhere. JJ went to hang with John B for awhile.

That's Sarah Cameron

That's Sarah Cameron. She was my best friend and Kiara's as well but Kie suddenly became her enemy and after Rafe and I broke up we became distant and I haven't talked to her in a long time.