18. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

^for anyone who needed it

Rafe sat in his room with his hands on his head. Not worrying about where Kayla could be he waited for awhile because the girl said she would be there. As time passed by he noticed the sky get darker and no call or message from the girl. He tried to contact her but she did not reply.

Waiting for a few more hours, if she didn't come back by the night he will leave and maybe even get a search party. As he tried to control his anger and annoyance he held held head in his hands suddenly when the door to the room opened and almost relief ran across his heart to hug the girl.

When he turned over he was face to face with someone who was not his girlfriend but her cousin. "Rafe" She said quietly and Rafe looked behind her hoping to see Kayla walk in but he didn't. "what did you do?!" he began walking up to her in anger. "I did what I had to" She said. "where is kay?" He asked her and she waited before replying. "somewhere safe"

"What did you do Thea!" He screamed and she flinched at the sound as he hovered over her. "Kayla is not okay Rafe, I don't think you noticed because you are just as psycho! I helped her because she is my family" She spoke back. "you can't just waltz in and use the word family for everything Thea. Why did you even come here in the first place? why did you go in search of her. Never once did you answer that question!" He screamed.

"I would but it has nothing to do with you, It's something I wanted to see if my cousin knew and she didn't. I didn't want to have to be the one to tell her" Thea said and Rafe looked at her confused, "I really don't give a shit about you right now Thea, what you're gonna do is tell me where my girlfriend in before i kill you" He said taking a step closer to her.

"Kayla needs to know the truth and you too Rafe" she said almost as if she was scared to say that sentence. "so tell me!" he said as if it were all too easy. "where is she?" He asked and she didn't reply."i'll tell you but you need to calm down" She said moving away from him towards the other end of the room slowly. He didn't say anything and she took that as an okay. "I never helped JJ. I didn't I promise. As soon as I left I went to one of my friends. I didn't tell him exactly what it was about but he and I figured it out." Rafe scoffed, "so what are you know sherlock Holmes" She ignored his comment and continued.

"you don't believe me do you?" She said. "I believe that Kayla is pretty good at figuring things out so unless you prove her wrong no I don't believe you." He said. what he said too was true, Kayla and the pogues did find the royal merchant and the cross of saint Domingo so that pretty much speaks for itself.

"She went through a truckload of trauma Rafe, you should've pieced this together." He rolled his eyes and waited for the girl to finish. "she's schizophrenic" she said. "you don't know what that is do you" Thea rolled her eyes and he added before she continued. "I do, I just don't know how that explains it all" she sighed, "what are the symptoms of a schizophrenic?" She asked and he added, "Hallucinations" he answered still not satisfied with her excuse. "audible and visual hallucinations" he added, "still doesn't explain how he held her hand" Rafe added as Thea stood in front of him. "Tactile hallucinations are symptoms of 20% of the schizophrenics Rafe. Do i need to give you a minute to google it?" She said and he looked at her somehow the fact that she was still breathing annoyed him.

"So JJ was never real and Kayla was just hallucinating him, hallucinating touch?" He asked eyes still on thea and she nodded. "I wasn't the one that helped JJ because there is no JJ to help" she said. "How do I know you're not lying to me" Rafe asked and she shook her head. "She never saw your sister. She never saw anyone besides JJ and he never told her anything she didn't already know. it was all in her head, Everything she heard was what she wanted to hear!" Thea yelled and a slight pang was felt on Rafe's chest. Kayla subconsciously wanted JJ to tell her how much he loved her. She wanted him to be the one to come back after her even though she told him she was with Rafe that wasn't what she felt deep down. Rafe soon stopped breaking himself down as he got lost in thought.

"thea where did you take her!" He asked and even though deep down he already knew the answer to his own Question he begged it was not what he thought it was as she didn't answer he got angrier by the second. Every step he took it was closer to the girl and she was afraid of him at this point she moved behind until she had nowhere to go. "Where the fuck is she?" He screamed and Thea flinched at it. Deep down he knew where they would've taken her but he refused to believe it until he heard it hoping and begging they hadn't done what he thought they did.

His hands lashed onto her neck beginning to choke her with no air to breath her face became read and tears flooded her eyes her hands tried to push his away but he was too strong. "where is she thea?" He asked and she tried to speak. "I...I-" he then let her go and she bent down regaining her breath and coughing. "we had to" she said. "you didn't" he said and she looked down "I took her to an asylum".

The thought of Kay in a place filled with mentally ill psychotic nut jobs hurt Rafe. They had admitted Kayla to a mental hospital which isn't a place any young teenage girl would want to spend her years. A place where actual psychos would sit in a white room with their hands tied onto beds with spongy tape so that they wouldn't find any way of hurting themseldves and/ or commiting suicide. He was hurt to think of her waiting there expecting Rafe to come save her at some point, The shock took him and he didn't know what to do.

_____________________
Ok, next chap is probably the last one before next years release for the show because I'm super busy and because I want to continue the story from the shows plot lines. 110K reads gawddamn, I love y'all<3