9. 𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

Kayla's POV

"Princess?" The boy turned with a smile on his face, his eyes were almost showing his happiness. Like this was real.

JJ

"No no no no no" I began muttering. As the boy stood and walked towards me his hands in the air "hey hey Hey. it's me" He said getting closer. "No no no stay away!" I screamed before I knew it tears began pouring down my eyes. What I was seeing was not real. "No no you died!" I yelled. "Wait what?" He said in confusion. He looked concerned, that was JJ he always made sure I was okay but this can't be him. It's my mind playing with me. "Calm down princess, it's me. JJ." He smiled again sympathetically clearly trying to make me feel better and as much as I wanted it to work, it wasn't.

As if everything was all back to normal. But I saw him, I saw him get slashed by eberhimi I saw him in kiaras hands while she cried. "I'm seeing things" I slowly sat down on the stairs. "I came back for you, I'm back weirdo" He chuckled. My head began throbbing, I didn't know what i was seeing. The tears began blurring my vision. "No I'm seeing things, this isn't real kayla" I kept screaming to myself and I couldnt even see JJ's reaction. Even if he wasn't real I could see whatever or whoever it was walking closer to me. "No no don't touch me!" I yelled. "Kayla" his voice soft. I was afraid. I didn't know what I was seeing. Was it a ghost? His spirit. I didn't want whatever it was to touch me because I didn't want to not feel him and realize it was all just my mind tricking me. A part of me wanted it to be real but I knew it wasn't.

I was confused.

My eyes were shut. I didnt know if the boy was still there waiting. All I did was yell, scream and cry but I didnt want to. My head was hurting I was seeing things that  weren't even real and i couldn't control it. I heard someone running from the opposite side. "Kayla!" Thea's voice. "Hey why....what happened?" She asked coming closer to me. I was still whimpering in pain but I managed to point infront of me where the boy stood before but now no one was there. "Who?" I looked at thea's confused expression. "What? I- he was there! I saw....no no I'm seeing things. Somethings wrong with me" It wasn't real. Thea didn't see him. I'm going mad, I'm going crazy.

Third person POV

Thea looked at her cousin empathetically. Her face was all puffy her, eyes red, her hands were on her head and she was talking to herself. Muttering words she barely heard but most of which said. "I'm going crazy. I saw him, he isn't real" Thea tried to slowly sit next to the girl who was too vulnerable to hate her cousin who was there for her now. And she collapsed into her hands, "Thea, I think- I'm seeing...I'm scared" she cried into her cousins arms. Thea didn't know what to do. "J died. He's gone" Thea heard kayla repeating over and over again. "Kayla who was here?" Thea asked again not knowing what to do. Kaylas eyes were still endlessly pouring tears, and she was shivering.

About an hour later Rafe returned, Thea hearing the noise of the car ran outside. The boy got out of the vehicle with his eyes scrunched up. "Thea What are you doing here?" He asked. "Rafe, I need to talk to you" Thea said going upto the boy. "Where's kayla?" He said. "It's about kayla" she moved closer to him. He began walking towards the house. "Rafe I need you to tell me who Jay or...J is" she asked him and he turned around, "what?" He asked still confused. "Thea what happened." He asked with his anger now slowly increasing by the second. She was slightly frightened. "What did you do?" He asked now hovering over the girl almost as if he was giving her a death glare.

"I didn't do anything! She kept saying she saw someone but no one was there. I think whoever it was escaped but....she said he was ...dead?" Thea spoke, she too had so many questions as to what happened to her cousin. "JJ? Did she say JJ" rafe said moving back and now running into the house.   "Maybe...Isn't jj..." Thea didn't finish her sentence she knew who JJ was. But when did he ever die. "Could there be a way he survived?" Thea asked. "I don't know but even if he did, how would he get here." Rafe had alot of mixed emotions. He didn't always think JJ did die, he saw them taking him on the boat yes, but there was a possibility he was never gone. Him being back isn't really icing on the cake for rafe. But he just wanted to see how kayla was doing and ask her what had happened.

"Where is she?" He said walking around and then he saw kayla sitting on the staircase. She hadn't moved. her eyes were wide open and she was staring straight infront of her, her face showed no emotion but he could tell she had been crying. "Kay" rafe slowly moved upto the girl sitting next to her. She didn't say anything, rafe tried to make her until she did speak. "Where are my pills?" She asked him in a monotone voice, no energy in her voice at all. and he took awhile to answer. Thea watched from a little afar. "Where are my pills!" She yelled. "I have some in the back of the car kay, I need you to tell me what happened" He asked her but she stood up trying to walk towards the car wanting the pills only. She wanted to stop feeling.

Stop remembering JJ and everything he was. All those feelings she had for the boy, she was remembering all those nights they surfed together, fought with the pogues, dance battles. Night's outside watching the stars together. She saw his smile, she saw him and it was eating her inside. She was seeing a ghost, he wasn't real and she was going mad. She wanted to stop feeling all of it she wanted to go back to before when she was with Rafe in the car. She didn't want to be crying over her dead ex for the rest of her life.

Both Thea and Rafe followed her. Rafe turned her around and held her looking into her eyes, she was breathing heavily and she looked scared. "Kay tell me" He said calmly. "He's dead Rafe, he left me. But I saw....,i saw his ghost but.....it looked so real.....rafe i- I don't want to... live like this. I don't want to live" She said in-between sobs. He hugged her and she cried into his t shirt. "He's not real kayla. Don't be afraid of it, you're going to get better and you're going to stop seeing this." He said comforting her, stroking her hair. Maybe he was real. Maybe he never died.

Kayla sat in the car and she took her pills falling asleep. Rafe went back out, "Thea I need you to tell me everything" He said sitting with her in the living room.

JJ was back.

_______
Or was he?