34. 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Kiara said she had a plan and jumped over the fence of the Cameron's house with Pope. "I'll stay in the car" I announced not wanting to go to the house that Rafe was probably in, I didn't want to take the chance of running into him.

"I'll stay out here too" JJ said scratching the back of his neck and coming to sit near me. before JJ or I could speak we heard Pope mumbling some words and then we heard a very loud and clear "I love you"

JJ's head turned towards where the fence was blocking our view of the drama which was happening on the other end. "you're wasted" Kiara replied to him.

"this is not going to be good." I shook my head burying my face in my hands. One problem over the other. Pope confessed his love and she rejected him. "I wanna give him a hug so bad right now" I said to myself feeling so bad for Pope.

JJ and I sat on the corner of the fence my head on his shoulder. "princess, I'm just saying but the next time I see Rafe-"
"Let's not talk about him" I said snuggling into his t-shirt. he nodded smiling and played with my hair. "I'm going to punch him till he doesn't see the light of day again" he finished. "you're on probation JJ" I furrowed my eyebrows with a small smile and he replied. "doesn't matter", i shrugged it off when I got a smell of something burning.

JJ and I soon stood up peaking over the fence to see a ward and rose trying to take down a fire I'm assuming Pope lit. Speaking of pope he soon came jumping over the fence to where we were followed by Kiara who also got back onto the vehicle driving us to the wreck.

"Kie can we stop by my house please?" I asked. Kiara agreed taking me to my house. I knew my grandparents were going to be worried about my whereabouts if I hadn't told them, so I quickly made sure they knew that I was okay and I that wouldn't come home for awhile. They both begged me not to go, that it was too dangerous. But I had to for my friends, my family.

third person POV

They sat at the wreck. all four of them afraid of what was happening outside. The noise of the police vehicles roaming up and down the streets calmed them knowing that it meant John B was still out there and they hadn't caught him yet.

Kiara sleeping on one end of the restaurant, Pope on the other. Kayla and JJ knew not to talk about what had happened it was none of their business anyways. Kayla and JJ cuddled up together, JJ not falling asleep but comforted by having Kayla right next to him she placed her head on his chest while he was staring into thing air thinking about what tomorrows plan was.

He played with Kayla's hair for a few more minutes before falling asleep.

They woke up early finding cops swarming everywhere just like it had been last night, Pope wasn't in a good mood they could tell, he was leaving to get some fuel for the phantom to help John B escape.

"Be careful" Kiara said following him, He ignored her walking towards his bike. "Okay what is your problem" Kiara asked following him from behind tired of this, "No problem, just doing my job" he said not even facing her. "Look, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings"

"what was that?" Pope said getting onto the motorbike while he revs the engine. Interrupting Kie everytime she tries to sepak and he drove off. Kiara walked back into the Wreck and Kayla gave her a hug, "It's not your fault" Kayla comforted her feeling bad for what was going between the two of them.

+++++

"I hate to admit it but i miss the old pope" Kiara said carrying out the boxes of food for John B. "where have you been?" Ms. Anna, Kiara's mom asked her.

"uhh...I'm fine" she replied her mother boiling in anger. "we were up half the night, scared to death looking for you" She continued to yell. "what are you three upto? were you even going to tell us?"

"I'm so sorry miss Anna" Kayla said following JJ who also apologized getting into the vehicle. "absolutely not" She said not letting Kiara get in to the Jeep, JJ and Kayla awkwardly sitting not knowing what to do.

"have you seen the storm? this is not safe!"

"I have to go mom!"

"these cops are armed, they will shoot you"Kiara got into the car closing the door her mother banging the window yelling. "Kiara don't" but with an immense amount of pain for letting her mother down she drove off.

"home sweet home" JJ said looking out at his house, bad memories flooding back Kayla could see it in his eyes, she held his hand. "if you want me to come I will come" She said looking at him. He responded with a smile "no, this will only take a second." He looked and Kayla and then Kiara smiling at both of them.

Before entering the house he looked back and saw Kie smiling and nodding. "dad?" JJ walked in and saw his father passed out on the couch, his eyes were staring at his father for awhile.

He slowly tried taking the keys to the boat which were chained around his father's neck when he woke up. "I didn't expect to see you" Luke said slowly sitting up "did you ditch school?" He spoke taking a sip of his beer. JJ just shocked to see his father talking normally instead of in anger, yelling and hitting. "it's okay you can tell me"

"yeah" JJ said, "I hated school too my boy!" Luke got up barely able to stand straight.

JJ never heard this side of his father in ages, his heart tore knowing he was going to steal one of his fathers things but he knew he had to. His father was wasted and probably is going to go back to being that jerk again he thought but tears pooled in his eyes with hope that his father has changed.

"Hey, look I know I'm hard on you sometimes" Luke said trying to walk towards JJ. "But sometimes I see you mother in you....and it get's me a little tweaked you know" His father hugged him and he hugged back. "I love you son" Luke said hugging the boy tighter. "Love you too dad" He sniffled. tears almost falling down his eyes.

"I'm sorry" JJ shut his eyes tight still hugging his father, "There's nothing to be sorry for" Luke replied lying in back on the couch.

+++++

Rafe teaming up with Barry was on their search for john B for the 25K, "Yo is that kie?" Rafe said seeing her drive the vehicle and following her right after. Did rafe see Kayla in there did he wonder for a second what would happen if she sees him?