22. 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐬

"If grams knew that I didn't drop you home, she'd have me killed. Get down" Rafe said parking the truck infront of her house and Kayla rolled her eyes as he opened the door for her. "Fuck you" she said getting down and he smiled "I know you want to"

He got back in the truck and began driving, Kayla was obviously not going to go back into her house and took her bicycle which was there and began following Rafe but keeping a distance so that he didn't realize he was being followed.

Meanwhile, Pope geo-located their phones and somehow found JJ and John B. "Rafe, round three" He explained to JJ when they asked him what happened. "Are you kidding me again?" JJ frustrated. "This was a tie" He said. "Was Kayla there" John B asked. "She helped me escape" He let them know as they all tried to figure out a way to get into the ship.

Kayla, who was following Rafe was on the opposite sides from where the pogues were. She waited and watched how people got in the ship, everyone seemed to know their crewmates making it hard for her to pretend her way in. She waited till the guys who were right infront of her way into the ship left but soon realized that they would never leave that part of the boat unprotected. Until there was a loud explosion on the other side and people began running towards that way, leaving one person there.

Only one person, kayla thought before deciding her way to get in. "Just act like you belong here" she told herself and began walking. "Hey Hey ma'am where'd you think your going" this young boy asked her pulling her by the arm. He looked as if he may have been his 20's new to the job here. "I'm sorry but you probably wish you didn't do that" she said and he looked confused taking his hand away from her arm. " I'm rafe cameron's girlfriend. If he knew you stopped me from going in here, he would definitely murder you. Literally" She said knowing everyone on-board were definitely told about the camerons being on there.

"They didn't tell us anything about a girlfriend coming" the guy fought. "I mean I could just call Rafe right now and get you fired, no sorry...murdered but I mean it's your choice" kayla laughed taking her phone out and hoped he'd say something. "How do I know you're not lying to me" He asked. "What kind of proof do you want" kayla furrowed her brows. "Cuz if he doesn't kill you, I will" She said through gritted teeth.

The boy frightened by her look and completely believing her story let her in and she smiled walking down there proud of herself. Reminding herself she wasn't supposed to be in there she looked around before moving further in the ship searching for a place to hide. While walking down one side she saw a man coming in and she hid as soon as she could. The man had a familiar walk and looked like she recognized him before.

She saw him go inside a room and tried guessing who it could be, "no" She whispered to herself. She shook her head thinking she was crazy to think it was who she thought he was. Meanwhile the pogues sat in a container trying to figure their way out and as Kayla would say the smartest of them kiara did finally find a small opening for them to leave from. "We go to the armory, get the weapons, roll back here and plot the next move. The armory's near the laundry room" they figured out a plan ready to leave from the whole that kiara found.

JJ trying to get out first, "I don't think we should all go out there" Pope said and Jj looked back confused. "Why?" John B looked at JJ. "I think you should stay here" He said. "What?" JJ asked in annoyance. "I have Sarah I'm going to go after and pope has the--" "the cross" Pope added. "I have Kayla" JJ said, "you don't even know if she is in the boat" Kiara made a point. "Plus, if you go out there, there is a 100% probability of you doing something stupid" John B said as JJ got back down rolling his eyes. "I think the correct terminology is 'ballsy'" JJ said annoyed that he was in the so called B team, Kie annoyed that he called it the B team. Pope and John B left without staying in there longer.

On the run Pope and John B separated, unable to go to the armory together. Pope vanishing John B decided to go on. He followed down to the laundry room looking from the stairs at a man who was folding his clothes when suddenly someone's arms wrapped around his mouth pulling him backwards "shhh" she insisted and John B soon looked behind him. "Kayla what--" he whispered but she held her hand against his mouth again signaling him to shut up as she slowly pressed the fire alarm, causing that man to run up annoyed that the crewmates always did that.

"genius" John B said, "what's the plan" Kayla asked as john B took an emergency axe thing and started hitting the locks of a big safe opening it to a lot of weapons. "holy shit" Kayla said, "pistols even better" John B said trying to take one of them until a man came yelling attempting to hit the two as they ducked. John B fighting the guy Kayla took a stick from behind and hit him hard on the back running off with John B following from behind. "how the hell did you get in?" John B asked her, " I could ask you the same" she said going up a flight of stairs. "hey John B" Kayla said making him stop to look at her. "I'm either tripping super hard or I think I saw ward" Kayla said not knowing how else to ward such news. "what?" he said coming outside with her and both of them heard the sound of Ward yelling at Sarah.

John B looked at Kayla, corrected to her suspicions Ward was still alive. Just at the suspense filled moment Pope walked in scaring the shit out of John B and Kayla. "I brought a friend" Pope said and Cleo spoke, "Cheese on bread. so it is you" Kayla extremely confused stood behind John B. "wait, Kayla?" Pope equally confused. "how much exactly did I miss?" Kayla asked.

They left the container with two people and walked in with two more. Both Cleo and Kayla confused as to why they were getting in a container but did anyway. John B first followed by Pope then John B told Kiara to hold it, Cleo jumped in causing both Kie and JJ to start questioning the boys as to who she was. "remember the girl we met at the Bahamas that saved us?" John B said taking the grate away from Kie's hands. "cleo" Kie nodded "Cleo" John B introduced.

while all this took place Kayla still stood outside soon knowing she couldn't get caught by staying longer while they just found out who Cleo was Kayla made her way in with her eyes landing on that one blonde boy she loved